Paul Weller

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 14,626 bis 14,640 (von insgesamt 15,993)
  • Autor

john-the-relevator

cappucino

john-the-relevator

cappucinoHere are three that I have questions on:

1. Anyone ever hear of a venue called Volksbildungsheim in Frankfurt? I think The Jam was supposed to, or did, play there.
    2. Albert Theaer Platz, Uelzen? Apparently Paul played there solo on 1994 June 12.
    3. Inselwiese, Lichtenfels? Apparently Paul played there solo on 1994 June 16.

I’m unable to find any address or GPS information on these venues.

The venue „Volksbildungsheim“ doesn’t exist anymore since 1995.

Do you know the address to the venue or perhaps the GPS decimal location where the venue used to be?
    Thanks!
    Keith

Volksbildungsheim Frankfurt; 60318 Frankfurt, Eschenheimer Anlage 40 – this is the main adress; The Volksbildungsheim has 2 another entrances: One from the Eschersheimer Landstraße 2-4 and the other was Oeder Weg 1.

zuletzt geändert von john-the-relevator

--

Music is like a river, It's supposed to flow and wash away the dust of everyday life. - Art Blakey
    Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
    Werbung
    #10560319  | PERMALINK

marbeck
    Keine Lust, mir etwas auszudenken

1. Albert Theaer Platz, Uelzen? Apparently Paul played there solo on 1994 June 12.
    2. Inselwiese, Lichtenfels? Apparently Paul played there solo on 1994 June 16.

The first one’s correct spelling is Albrecht-Thaer-Platz which is a square in the town Uelzen. This is a place where Open Air gigs took/take place. Paul played there as a special guest of the german singer Herbert Grönemeyer. In fact, he played the whole tour suporting Grönemeyer. We discussed this in this thread beginning on page 795.

http://forum.rollingstone.de/foren/topic/paul-weller/page/795/

Here you find the complete tour listing:

http://forum.rollingstone.de/foren/topic/paul-weller/page/796/#post-273571

In Lichtenfels, a town in Bavaria, Open Air concerts took place at the Schützenanger, which seems to be a parking lot. Some sources say that Grönemeyer played there on June 16 (see http://www.letzte-version.de/tourneen/chaos-tour-19939496/), others state Inselwiese. I have no idea what is correct.

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
    #10560323  | PERMALINK

marbeck
    Keine Lust, mir etwas auszudenken

Another one to add to the list….
    4. Rudolfplatz Theatre in Cologne? Apparently it was Paul was due to play solo on 1995 December 9, but was moved to the Live Music Hall instead.
    Keith

May be this was the „VOLKSBÜHNE AM RUDOLFPLATZ“

Volksbühne am Rudolfplatz
    Aachener Straße 5
    50674 Köln
    Info-Telefon: 0221 – 25 17 47
    info@volksbuehne-rudolfplatz.de

http://www.volksbuehne-rudolfplatz.de/theater

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
    #10560703  | PERMALINK

cappucino

marbeck

1. Albert Theaer Platz, Uelzen? Apparently Paul played there solo on 1994 June 12.
    2. Inselwiese, Lichtenfels? Apparently Paul played there solo on 1994 June 16.

The first one’s correct spelling is Albrecht-Thaer-Platz which is a square in the town Uelzen. This is a place where Open Air gigs took/take place. Paul played there as a special guest of the german singer Herbert Grönemeyer. In fact, he played the whole tour suporting Grönemeyer. We discussed this in this thread beginning on page 795. http://forum.rollingstone.de/foren/topic/paul-weller/page/795/ Here you find the complete tour listing: http://forum.rollingstone.de/foren/topic/paul-weller/page/796/#post-273571 In Lichtenfels, a town in Bavaria, Open Air concerts took place at the Schützenanger, which seems to be a parking lot. Some sources say that Grönemeyer played there on June 16 (see http://www.letzte-version.de/tourneen/chaos-tour-19939496/), others state Inselwiese. I have no idea what is correct.

Danke!

This is what I have entered into my database:

Albrecht-Thaer-Platz: Latitude – 52.965772 Longitude: 10.545892
    Inselwiese, Lichtenfels: Latitude – 50.143294 Longitude: 11.063039
    Volksbildungsheim: Latitude – 50.118213 Longitude: 8.679312

I also went with Volksbühne am Rudolfplatz as the original venue he was to play before it was moved to Live Music Hall.

Keith

--

#10560947  | PERMALINK

j-w
    maximum rhythm & blues

cappucino  Since everyone here on the Rolling Stone forum has been so helpful to me in the past, and to me you guys are the ones that really keep the old Splinters „vibe“ going more than any other group that I’m on or look at on the ’net (including those on FB) … I feel it’s best to reveal my plans of what to do with the TSC list that I put together. That is, to just move on to The Jam and Paul Weller solo – and make them available for all as a hopefully valuable reference. Once up, I’ll carry on and continue to add to it and update it as I get more information on new concerts as well as old ones. Keith

Hey Keith thanks a lot for the effort you take up for getting this database together and share it. Really appreaciate it, mate!

Talking of fb groups – are you in the Cats who dig Style Council group? That’s a really nice one unlike some others… ;-)

--

Staring at a grey sky, try to paint it blue - Teenage Blue
    #10561708  | PERMALINK

cappucino

j-w

cappucino Since everyone here on the Rolling Stone forum has been so helpful to me in the past, and to me you guys are the ones that really keep the old Splinters „vibe“ going more than any other group that I’m on or look at on the ’net (including those on FB) … I feel it’s best to reveal my plans of what to do with the TSC list that I put together. That is, to just move on to The Jam and Paul Weller solo – and make them available for all as a hopefully valuable reference. Once up, I’ll carry on and continue to add to it and update it as I get more information on new concerts as well as old ones. Keith

Hey Keith thanks a lot for the effort you take up for getting this database together and share it. Really appreaciate it, mate! Talking of fb groups – are you in the Cats who dig Style Council group? That’s a really nice one unlike some others…

It is a very slow going process, but most of the venues are now in the database. Another day or two and that part should be done for 1977 – 2018. After that, I’ll be building the concert records for Paul Weller solo, which is 1,213. Despite him playing venues multiple times over the years including  during his solo years, I still double check to ensure the venues are in the database, and cross reference any that are the same buildings but have just changed the name of the venue. If a venue is demolished and no longer exists, I do research to find out where it was and record the GPS location for *all* of them. So a LOT of research, cross checking, and time has already been put into it – and I’ve not done any website coding or design yet!

As far as the Cats Who Dig The Style Council group on Facebook, I was a member of that particular group at one time, but I was kicked out, banned and blocked from rejoining. The reasons aren’t that important, really, but it’s best summed up to say that someone in that group and I do not get along, and haven’t for a while now even before things got sour publicly in the group between us.

Keith

--

#10569602  | PERMALINK

cappucino

Hi all!

All venues are entered as well as concerts and I now have a list of 1,274 solo concerts, which does include those that were cancelled and original and rescheduled dates. Out of all of them, there are only about 20 which I couldn’t get or find information on that I felt was accurate enough to put in the database. I’m hoping someone may be able to help me out with some of the other German venues that I couldn’t find information on? I am looking for an address and/or GPS coordinates for them:

10. 1999 03 31 – Forum, Nuremberg, Germany – (31 March 1999)
    12. 2001 03 03 – Sendesaal Des SFB, Berlin, Germany – (3 March 2001) *Rescheduled for April 7
    13. 2001 04 07 – Sendesaal Des SFB, Berlin, Germany – (7 April 2001)
    14. 2001 11 11 – Schlachthof, Hamburg, Germany – (11 November 2001)
    15. 2001 11 12 – Schlachthof, Hamburg, Germany – (12 November 2001)
    18. 2004 10 29 – RBB Sendesaal, Berlin, Germany – (29 October 2004) (I assume this is the same venue as 12 & 13?)

I also have a couple for Japan, three for Belgium, three for The Netherlands, three for the US and one each for Italy, France and England.

Keith

--

#10570632  | PERMALINK

midnight-mover

@cappucino

RBB Sendesaal
    Masurenallee 8 – 14, 14057 Berlin-Charlottenburg

… and yes, it’s the same as 12 & 13. RBB used to be SFB. No sure when they changed the name though.

--

"I know a few groovy middle-aged people, but not many." Keith Richards 1966
    #10571638  | PERMALINK

k-o-r-r

Paul Weller – „tour 95“ – 09.12.1995 Köln Theater am Rudolfsplatz

I attended the concert and I can confirm that is was re-scheduled from the venue „Theater am Rudolfsplatz“ to the „Live Music Hall“.  The name of the original venue is the one printed on the ticket.

The set-list was:

1, I walk on gilded splinters

2. Changing man

3. Out of the sinking

4. Whirlpools End

5. Hung up

6. Porcelain gods

7. I didn´t mean to hurt you

8. Sunflower

9. Everything has a price to pay

10. Man of great promise

11. Wild wood

12. Down in the seine

13. Foot on the mountain

14. Broken stones

15. Stanley road

16. You do something to me

17. Into tomorrow

18. Shadow of the sun

19. Weaver

20. Woodcutters son

21. Come together

I would give a lot to get a set-list like this once again… :cry:

zuletzt geändert von k-o-r-r

--

#10571796  | PERMALINK

cappucino

midnight-mover@cappucino RBB Sendesaal Masurenallee 8 – 14, 14057 Berlin-Charlottenburg … and yes, it’s the same as 12 & 13. RBB used to be SFB. No sure when they changed the name though.

Danke! It had all the information I needed, and with that I was able to do a bit of research and find out why the name changed and also got the entire old name and what SFB stood for. The venues are now in my database.

Keith

--

#10571808  | PERMALINK

cappucino

k-o-r-rPaul Weller – „tour 95“ – December 9, 1995 Cologne Theater am Rudolfsplatz I attended the concert and I can confirm that is was re-scheduled from the venue „Theater am Rudolfsplatz“ to the „Live Music Hall“. The name of the original venue is the one printed on the ticket. The set-list was: 1, I walk on gilded splinters 2. Changing man 3. Out of the sinking 4. Whirlpools End 5. Hung up 6. Porcelain gods 7. I didn´t mean to hurt you 8. Sunflower 9. Everything has a price to pay 10. Man of great promise 11. Wild wood 12. Down in the seine 13. Foot on the mountain 14. Broken stones 15. Stanley road 16. You do something to me 17. Into tomorrow 18. Shadow of the sun 19. Weaver 20. Woodcutters son 22. Come together I would give a lot to get a set-list like this once again… last changed by corr

Did you miss putting track 21 in or did you just mis-number them? Do you know what the encore tracks were and how many encores? As far as I know, a recording of this concert has never surfaced so it’s interesting to see the set list. It looks VERY good, and I’ve never seen him perform Come Together live. There’s also quite a few rare tracks performed for 1995 in my opinion.

Speaking of 1995, the concert venue that I am unable to find for England is a place called „Kick“ and is/was supposedly in Hereford. Someone who has lived in Hereford all her life said she’s never heard of the place, and someone else pointed out to me that Weller was touring Germany on that specific date that the concert apparently took place. The dates is 1995 December 10.
    I’m wondering if the person who put the old list that I’m going off of made a mistake and put in the wrong information in the HTML or something like that? Anyone know if Weller was playing a concert and where at on that date by chance?

I’m also still wondering if anyone has any information on the following German venues:

10. 1999 03 31 – Forum, Nuremberg, Germany – (31 March 1999)
    11. 2001 11 11 – Schlachthof, Hamburg, Germany – (11 November 2001)
    12. 2001 11 12 – Schlachthof, Hamburg, Germany – (12 November 2001)

Keith

--

#10571838  | PERMALINK

clau
    Coffee Bar Cat

@cappucino:

The „Schlachthof“ in Hamburg later became „Knust“, Neuer Kamp 30, 20357 Hamburg.

--

How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?
    #10572004  | PERMALINK

k-o-r-r

cappucinoDid you miss putting track 21 in or did you just mis-number them? Do you know what the encore tracks were and how many encores? As far as I know, a recording of this concert has never surfaced so it’s interesting to see the set list. It looks VERY good, and I’ve never seen him perform Come Together live.

I have corrected the track list – it was just a mis-numbering. The tracks are taken from the original set-list, which I got after the concert. Unfortunately I have no clear memory from the concert – no wonder, it was 23 years ago. The track 21 seems to be the only encore. I am pretty sure, that it was played – otherwise I would have done a copy and noted that down. Below „Come together“ is written „Anything else you can think of sir“ :-)

--

#10572020  | PERMALINK

k-o-r-r

kcappucino

Speaking of 1995, the concert venue that I am unable to find for England is a place called „Kick“ and is/was supposedly in Hereford.

Hi Keith, you looking in the wrong country. The venue you are looking for is:

Kick, Bünder Straße 82, Herford, 32051, Germany

Check this site for another gig, which was took place on 16.05.195:

https://www.last.fm/de/festival/1170905+Visions+Festival

So, another gap is filled :yahoo:

--

#10572034  | PERMALINK

k-o-r-r

cappucino

I’m also still wondering if anyone has any information on the following German venues:

10. 1999 03 31 – Forum, Nürnberg, Germany – (31 March 1999)

As far as I can see the best chance is to contact these guys:

Concertbüro Franken GmbH
    Singerstr. 26
    90443 Nürnberg
    Telefon: 0911 414196
    Fax: 0911 413644
    E-Mail: info@concertbuero-franken.de

They have organized many concerts in the „Forum Nürnberg“ and they are still operative. The venue „Forum Nürnberg“ seems not to exist anymore.

--

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 14,626 bis 14,640 (von insgesamt 15,993)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.