Paul Weller

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 14,611 bis 14,625 (von insgesamt 15,988)
  • Autor

midnight-mover

Bin sehr gespannt, was Rod Argent auf der neuen Weller zum besten gibt. Beim Zombies Gig vor zwei Wochen durfte man erleben, dass es sich wohl um den besten noch lebenden Orgel-Spieler handelt. Wäre doch schön, wenn man davon was hören würde…

zuletzt geändert von midnight-mover

--

"I know a few groovy middle-aged people, but not many." Keith Richards 1966
    Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
      Werbung
      #10555030  | PERMALINK

dennis-blandford
      Jaggerized

Rod hat ja damals auch „Who are you“ mit Elektronik versehen. Viele mochten das 1978 nicht, ich schon.

--

"And everything I know is what I need to know and everything I do's been done before."
      #10555844  | PERMALINK

liam1994

Uncut gibt dem neuen Album 8/10

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dktsa70U0AE30T9.jpg:large

--

Nie mehr Zweite Liga!!!
      #10556842  | PERMALINK

j-w
      maximum rhythm & blues

Das klingt doch sehr vielversprechend. Glaube trotzdem nicht, dass mir die Platte so gefällt wie Saturns Pattern oder A Kind Revolution, aber egal!

--

Staring at a grey sky, try to paint it blue - Teenage Blue
      #10556942  | PERMALINK

cappucino

Hi all!

I hope that this is a quick question that someone can answer with what is in their memory. If not, would someone direct me to the link for some of the old 80’s and 90’s German music magazines so I can go through them?

Paul Weller played as The Paul Weller Movement on 14 November 1990 in Berlin. What was the venue?

Danke!
      Keith

--

#10556948  | PERMALINK

cappucino

cappucinoHi all! I hope this is a quick answer. If not, would someone direct me to the 80’s and 90’s German music magazines so I can go through them? Paul Weller played as The Paul Weller Movement on 14 November 1990 in Berlin. What was the venue? Thank you! Keith

I’ve found out that was at a place called „Quartier.“ Does anyone have an address or an approximate location of where it was, as I’m not finding anything on Google about the venue?

Danke!
      Keith

--

#10556952  | PERMALINK

cappucino

cappucino

cappucino Hi all! I hope this is a quick answer. If not, would anyone direct me to the 80’s and 90’s German music magazines so I can go through them? Paul Weller played as The Paul Weller Movement on 14 November 1990 in Berlin. What was the venue? Thank you! Keith

I’ve found a place called „Quarters.“ Does anyone have an address or any location near it? Thank you! Keith

Nevermind….I have found out all the information. :)

--

#10557068  | PERMALINK

marbeck
      Keine Lust, mir etwas auszudenken

@cappucino

Hi Keith,

Are you now while the TSC list is finished looking for PWM Gigs? I will check my old mags when I am back from vacation.

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
      #10557567  | PERMALINK

cappucino

Marbeck@cappucino Hi Keith, Are you now while the TSC list is finished looking for PWM gigs? I want to check my old mags when I am back from vacation.

Hey Martin!

My TSC list is finished as much as I believe that I can at the moment. There’s a couple of bits of information that is missing, but they will be very difficult to get until I can get the name of the manager of TSC when they were with Geffen records here in the US. I believe now that only he/she would be able to tell me the rest of the cancelled dates for the 1985 North American tour.
      The other thing that I’m missing is solely for my purposes, which is the color and letters for the tickets from about 3 or 4 of concerts they did on their two tours of Italy in 1987. That’s specifically for my Style Council ticket collecting purposes. Besides those two things, it’s done.

Since I put that aside, I also worked on a Jam list and dug up some „new“ information which oddly seems to have been overlooked by a lot of people that have put other lists together. I’ve got everything from 1977 – 1982. There’s also other little bits of information which other lists don’t have, such as venue names and a few news set lists that don’t seem to be on any other lists, too.

So now I’ve moved on to Paul Weller solo, and obviously need to start with 1990, which is the Paul Weller Movement era. Once that’s done, I’ll move on to Paul Weller solo. All of this information is going into a database and I plan on picking up the torch that Karl Gonzalez set down many years ago. It’s very slow going, but eventually I’ll be done and I’ll share my research with all fans.

Right now I made a list of Paul Weller Movement + Paul Weller gigs that have taken place and will until the end of 2018 and I’ve come up with just a bit over 1200. This includes those that have been cancelled and may or may not have been rescheduled. It doesn’t include TV or radio appearances.

I’ve located every Jam official and non-official recording I can get my hands on (I’m still missing about 6) as well as Style Council (I’m missing many – 64) and getting the set lists of those into the database, including separating out the encores. Once I’m done getting all the PWM and Weller solo venue information in, then I need to add in the actual concert records at the venues. Once that’s done, I’ll start going through all my Weller solo live recordings, listening to them and putting in the set lists for the concerts. I’ve honestly got loads of recordings, despite stopping over 10 years ago collecting or downloading any of it that I come across! After all, how many live versions do I need of You Do Something to Me? lol

As I said, it’s VERY slow going and I’m in no rush to get it done. I’ll take my time and make sure everything is as accurate as can be before putting it up. But I do work on it a little nearly each and every day and it will eventually be done. For me, I’m doing the „easy“ part (for me) first which is building the database. The difficult parts for me will be writing the php and css stuff.

BTW – this is the most I’ve mentioned publicly about this anywhere. I’ve told a few people about it, primarily a few old fellow Splinterites, but that’s it. Since everyone here on the Rolling Stone forum has been so helpful to me in the past, and to me you guys are the ones that really keep the old Splinters „vibe“ going more than any other group that I’m on or look at on the ’net (including those on FB) … I feel it’s best to reveal my plans of what to do with the TSC list that I put together. That is, to just move on to The Jam and Paul Weller solo – and make them available for all as a hopefully valuable reference. Once up, I’ll carry on and continue to add to it and update it as I get more information on new concerts as well as old ones.

Keith

--

#10558975  | PERMALINK

cappucino

Here are three that I have questions on:

1. Anyone ever hear of a venue called Volksbildungsheim in Frankfurt? I think The Jam was supposed to, or did, play there.
      2. Albert Theaer Platz, Uelzen? Apparently Paul played there solo on 1994 June 12.
      3. Inselwiese, Lichtenfels? Apparently Paul played there solo on 1994 June 16.

I’m unable to find any address or GPS information on these venues.

--

#10559367  | PERMALINK

john-the-relevator

cappucinoHere are three that I have questions on:

1. Anyone ever hear of a venue called Volksbildungsheim in Frankfurt? I think The Jam was supposed to, or did, play there.
      2. Albert Theaer Platz, Uelzen? Apparently Paul played there solo on 1994 June 12.

The venue „Volksbildungsheim“ doesn’t exist anymore since 1995.

--

Music is like a river, It's supposed to flow and wash away the dust of everyday life. - Art Blakey
      #10559987  | PERMALINK

marbeck
      Keine Lust, mir etwas auszudenken

@cappucino

Do you know this site with a lot of information about the Jam gigs?

https://www.thejamarchive.co.uk/

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
      #10560113  | PERMALINK

cappucino

john-the-relevator

1. Anyone ever hear of a venue called Volksbildungsheim in Frankfurt? I think The Jam was supposed to, or did, play there.

The venue „Volksbildungsheim“ doesn’t exist anymore since 1995.

Do you know the address to the venue or perhaps the GPS decimal location where the venue used to be?

Thanks!
      Keith

--

#10560115  | PERMALINK

cappucino

marbeck@cappucino Do you know this site with a lot of information about the Jam gigs? https://www.thejamarchive.co.uk/

Hi Martin,
      Yes, and actually used it, along with a few others and some new research to validate as well as find out some „new“ information.

Keith

--

#10560117  | PERMALINK

cappucino

Another one to add to the list….

4. Rudolfplatz Theatre in Cologne? Apparently it was Paul was due to play solo on 1995 December 9, but was moved to the Live Music Hall instead.

Keith

--

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 14,611 bis 14,625 (von insgesamt 15,988)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.