Paul Weller

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 15,706 bis 15,720 (von insgesamt 15,992)
  • Autor

marbeck
    Keine Lust, mir etwas auszudenken

Eventuell noch hier:

https://www.hhv.de/shop/de/artikel/the-jam-a-solid-bond-in-your-heart-cool-jerk-edits-939231

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
    Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
    Werbung
    #11863885  | PERMALINK

liam1994

Da hat’s geklappt. Danke!

--

Nie mehr Zweite Liga!!!
    #11867247  | PERMALINK

marbeck

marbeckDanke für den Tip. Ich habe die 7″ bestellt, mal sehen, ob es klappt.

Heute eingetroffen :-)

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
    #11867543  | PERMALINK

clau
    Coffee Bar Cat

marbeckEventuell noch hier:

https://www.hhv.de/shop/de/artikel/the-jam-a-solid-bond-in-your-heart-cool-jerk-edits-939231

Besten Dank, @marbeck! Da ich late on the train war hatte ich befürchtet, keine mehr zu bekommen, aber tatsächlich hat HHV gestern eine Versandnachricht geschickt.

--

How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?
    #11869279  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Wer an Live-Aufnahmen interessiert ist:

Auftritte in Deutschland

Paul Weller

The Jam

Alles

The Style Council

--

#11869303  | PERMALINK

j-w
    maximum rhythm & blues

Meine Single ist auch da – lustiger/cooler Edit! Die Bridge, die dann in Beat Surrender gelandet ist, wurde rausgeschnitten, aber das ist doch sehr stimmig. Die Flip von The Capitols ist auch cool.

--

Staring at a grey sky, try to paint it blue - Teenage Blue
    #11869305  | PERMALINK

j-w
    maximum rhythm & blues

marbeckWer an Live-Aufnahmen interessiert ist:
    Auftritte in Deutschland
    Paul Weller
    The Jam

Alles
    The Style Council

Wundert mich, dass ein solcher Bootleg-Verkauf geduldet wird.

--

#11869331  | PERMALINK

clau
    Coffee Bar Cat

Die sollen mal einen Schwung weitere Gigs von The Jam veröffentlichen!

--

How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?
    #11872541  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Aus dem Newsletter von Reflex:

Bruce Foxton & Russell Hastings – The Butterfly Effect

Bruce Foxton and Russell Hastings team up once again to release their third album together, The Butterfly Effect.

Active from 1972 to 1982, The Jam created a legacy that would cement them as one of the all-time great British bands. The classic line-up consisted of frontman Paul Weller, drummer Rick Buckler and bassist Bruce Foxton, who carried on their legacy by forming From The Jam in 2007 with Buckler and new vocalist Russell Hastings. Created to tour the iconic back catalogue and ensure its continued relevance, the line-up has undergone a few changes over time, but the songs remain the same. With Foxton & Hastings writing and recording original music, this material has gained widespread acclaim of its own. Following on from previous albums Back in the Room and Smash the Clock, the duo are set to return with The Butterfly Effect, displaying a growing maturity to their songwriting and a renewed sense of confidence.

Being known as an active touring band, From The Jam obviously could not tour during the pandemic. However, Hastings has stated that having time to record was „quite a relief… We like everybody else were concerned about the future and were glad when we were allowed to get in the studio“, with Foxton adding that the process was „extremely creative and fun.“ That sense of fun is a recurring theme throughout the 12 tracks, with the duo bringing together their influences for a familiar-sounding record and a journey through various genres. Described by Foxton as „a collection of very melodic songs, with very different angles, yet it all ties together,“ the tracks range from ’60s pop to ’70s Motown and Americana on an album full of future classics.

Released: Friday 14th October

CD – £11.99

--

#11872545  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Und noch eine Ergänzung von der Reflex-Website:

Serving as the lead single from the album, the addictive Lula is described by Hastings as „a catchy pop song about a spoilt woman who seemingly has everything yet has nothing.“ This standout track succeeds in capturing a summer vibe, thanks in part to a blistering saxophone solo from Tony ‚Rico‘ Richardson.

The pair demonstrate their capability of packing a punch with Circles, pure power pop that showcases the energy of the band. This vigour is apparent also on Two of Us, which Hastings labels „a nod to Quadrophenia“. The ’sha-la-la‘ repeats and loud, ringing guitars instantly takes you back to a time of mods vs rockers and heady sunny days in Brighton.

The Motown influences come through with Time on Your Side, complete with brass work from Nicky Madern and jaunty Hammond organ chords. The chorus, accompanied by fun vocal harmonies and handclaps, is one of the strongest on the album.

Yet for all the assuredness this album presents, a softer side comes forward with the plaintive and delicate Rain, showcasing a wistful and soul-baring set of lyrics set to gently fingerpicked guitars and quieter vocals. The equally stirring Too Old to Cry also brings strings into the mix, reminiscing on past times and voicing hope for the future with the refrain of „things are getting much better.“

The duo both name The Beatles as a huge influence on their work – no more is this apparent on the lively closing track Anything You Want with its bouncy rhythm and psychedelic ending. Recording the vocals for this track unknowingly with COVID, Hastings‘ voice nevertheless shines and brings the album to a rousing end.

Tracklist:

1. Electronic Lover
    2. Feet Off the Ground
    3. Lula
    4. She Said
    5. Wanted
    6. Circles
    7. Time on Your Side
    8. Two of Us
    9. Rain
    10. Too Old to Cry, Too Young to Die
    11. Walking With Me
    12. Anything You Want

Vorab-Single „Lula“:

--

#11884547  | PERMALINK

dennis-blandford
    Jaggerized

WILL OF THE PEOPLE

--

"And everything I know is what I need to know and everything I do's been done before."
    #11885389  | PERMALINK

j-w
    maximum rhythm & blues

Eine Tracklist kann ich noch nicht finden, aber dieses schöne Foto:

--

#11886195  | PERMALINK

liam1994

Sieht toll aus. Werde ich also mal wieder fast 50 Euro in Musik investieren, die ich schon habe ;-)

Release-Datum angeblich 28.10.

--

Nie mehr Zweite Liga!!!
    #11887837  | PERMALINK

liam1994

Infos und Tracklisting hier: https://reflexrecordshop.com/product/49346/Will+of+the+People

Nix Neues drauf.

--

Nie mehr Zweite Liga!!!
    #11887863  | PERMALINK

j-w
    maximum rhythm & blues

Disk 1 von 3 (CD)

1 The Piper
    2 Into the Sea
    3 Big Brass Buttons
    4 Super Lekker Stoned – Richard Fearless mix
    5 Saturns Pattern – Young Fathers remix
    6 Let Me In (Demo)
    7 I Spy
    8 Oranges and Rosewater
    9 Praise if you Wanna
    10 Mother Ethiopia
    11 We Got a Lot
    12 I’ll Think of Something

Disk 2 von 3 (CD)

1 Devotion
    2 Sun Goes
    3 Alone
    4 Lay Down Your Weary Burden
    5 The Olde Original
    6 Pure Sound
    7 Landslide
    8 Dusk Til Dawn
    9 The Ballad of Jimmy McCabe
    10 Rip the Pages Up – vocal version
    11 How Sweet It Is
    12 Golden Leaves

Disk 3 von 3 (CD)

1 Birthday
    2 Sera-fina
    3 I work in the Clouds
    4 Portal to the Past
    5 Hopper – White Label remix
    6 Cosmic Fringes – Pet Shop Boys remix
    7 Alpha

--

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 15,706 bis 15,720 (von insgesamt 15,992)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.