Antwort auf: Johnny Cash

#12023119  | PERMALINK

stormy-monday
We Shall Overcome

marc-74Nick Cave hatte vor kurzem auf seinen Red Hand Files auch noch eine interessante Anekdote über seine Zusammenarbeit mit Johnny Cash gepostet: So we take our seats in our separate booths and the band start up the song and I can see Johnny through the glass partition and the moment the music starts I see before my eyes a sudden, radical and absolute transformation. I am not exaggerating. Johnny comes alive. He is quite literally taken by the spirit, as the years fall away and he begins to glow, growing powerful and possessed by some kind of thing and when he starts singing, his beautiful voice just runs right through me like a celestial force and I start singing and I’m sounding all right, and I’m deeply moved, you know, I’ve got tears in my eyes, and June is over there swaying and smiling and praising Jesus, and Johnny is singing his heart out in his dark, measured style, and it’s one of those moments that just imprints itself upon your very soul.

Danke Marc. Ich heule auch. Schön.

--

Well, my telephone rang, it would not stop It's President Biden callin' me up He said, "My friend, Maik, what do we need to make the country grow?" I said, "My friend, Joe, my friend Bob would advice you , Brigitte Bardot, Anita Ekberg, Sophia Loren" Country'll grow