Nico – The Frozen Borderline 1968-1970 2 CD

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Autor

beatlebum

As this is a project I’ve been producing over the last few months, allow me to give you the straight dope:

Nico – The Frozen Borderline: 1968-1970 is a 2CD package.

Disc 1: The Marble Index remastered, plus 11 bonus tracks. Four of those 11 are songs not included on the original album (Two of those have never been heard before [full-on Cale arrangements; quite astonishing.]) The other two–„Roses In The Snow“ and „Niebelungen“–did appear on the 1990 edition, but the versions here are different ones. Most dramatically: the version of „Niebelungen“ issued in 1990 was a capella; the version here is the complete take with Nico on harmonium). The remaining seven tracks are alternate versions of each song on the album (except „Prelude“).

Disc 2: Desertshore remastered, plus 6 solo demo versions recorded in 1969.

The remastering was done by the very wonderful–and twice-Grammy-nominated this year–Dave Schultz at Digiprep (with me sitting there kibitzing). As is generally the case with any of the reissue projects I produce, it’s „Hoffman Forum-friendly,“ with no maximization or added digital gunk….just a concerted effort to match the sound and dynamics of the original vinyl.

Here’s a technical note that will undoubtedly interest some of you: Because Jac Holzman was always ahead of the technological curve, „The Marble Index“ (like other Elektra titles of the period) was one of the earliest albums recorded with Dolby. As fate would have it, Digiprep is the current owner of Elektra’s old Dolby rig, so we were actually able to play the master tape of
    „Marble Index“ back through the exact same piece of equipment it was originally recorded with 39 years ago!

I’m not sure if the February 19 release date is 100% correct, but it should be pretty close to that.

This is a UK/European release only. There’s no US release planned, as far as I’m aware.

So there you go. Hope you guys like it…

-Andy Zax
    http://archivesofoblivion.blogspot.com

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=2257074&postcount=14

--

Captain Beefheart to audience: Is everyone feeling all right? Audience: Yeahhhhh!!! awright...!!! Captain Beefheart: That's not a soulful question, that's a medical question. It's too hot in here.
    Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
    Werbung
    #5461887  | PERMALINK

beatlebum

Disk: 1
    1. Prelude
    2. Lawns Of Dawns
    3. No One Is There
    4. Ari’s Song
    5. Facing The Wind
    6. Julius Caesar (Memento Hodie)
    7. Frozen Warnings
    8. Evening Of Light
    9. Sagen Die Gelehren
    10. Reve Reveiller
    11. Roses In The Snow
    12. Nibelungen (Harmonium Version)
    13. Lawns Of Dawns (Alternate Version)
    14. No One Is There (Alternate Version)
    15. Ari’s Song (Alternate Version)
    16. Facing The Wind (Alternate Version)
    17. Julius Caesar (Memento Hodie) (Alternate Version)
    18. Frozen Warnings (Alternate Version)
    19. Evening Of Light (Alternate Version)

Disk: 2
    1. Janitor of Lunacy
    2. The Falconer
    3. My Only Child
    4. Le Petit Chevalier
    5. Abscheid
    6. Afraid
    7. Mutterlein
    8. All That Is My Own
    9. My Only Child (Demo)
    10. Janitor Of Lunacy (Demo)
    11. Abscheild Ode (Death/Farewell) (Demo)
    12. You Are Beautiful (Afraid) (Demo)
    13. The Falconer (Demo)
    14. On The Desert Shore (All That Is My Own) (Demo)
    15. Hidden Track

http://www.amazon.de/Frozen-Borderline-1968-UK/dp/tracks/B000M06SV8/ref=dp_tracks_all_1/302-4871231-9436056#disc_1

--

Captain Beefheart to audience: Is everyone feeling all right? Audience: Yeahhhhh!!! awright...!!! Captain Beefheart: That's not a soulful question, that's a medical question. It's too hot in here.
    #5461889  | PERMALINK

bargeld

ist diese edition die anschaffung wert? ich hatte es das schön aufgemachte ding heute in der hand und konnte mich nicht entscheiden.

--

I got the No Pussy Blues!
Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)

Schlagwörter: 

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.