Re: The Hanging Stars

#9509387  | PERMALINK

dennis-blandford
Jaggerized

Der Waschzettel von GPS aus dem Newsletter:

„GPS122*THE HANGING STARS*“Golden Vanity” / “Floodbound” 45 (Pressing of 500 vinyl only)

‘London’s best cosmic country band’ -*TIMEOUT
In April 2014, Paul, Sam, Rich, Phil and Horse started life as*The Hanging Stars.*Combining lush harmonies with their love for Cosmic American Music, English folk and psychedelia, their songs lie somewhere between the desert’s beating sun and the grey skies of East London; both timeless yet new.
The band’s debut 7” single will be released on cult vinyl label*Great Pop Supplement*and was recorded both in Lake Hollywood (US) and Walthamstow (UK) by Rob Campanella (Beachwood Sparks, The Tyde) and Brian O’Shaughnessy (Comet Gain, The Clientele) respectively.
A side*‘Golden Vanity’ sees the band take the lyrics from a traditional folk ballad they found in the pages of an old Alan Lomax anthology and reworking them into a whole new original melody. Part inspired by the folk tradition and part pure psychedelic pop song, it exemplifies the band’s unique and distinctive sound.
AA side*‘Floodbound’ is an English take on Californian music. Desert chords and swirling pedal steel combine with a soaring melody in a song that ebbs and flows with darkness and light.
A full album is scheduled for release late 2015.“

Die B-Seite ist fast noch besser:
Listen to Floodhound by TheHangingStars #np on #SoundCloud
http://soundcloud.com/thehangingstars/floodhound

--

"And everything I know is what I need to know and everything I do's been done before."