Re: Jazz-Glossen

#7662113  | PERMALINK

soulpope
"Ever Since The World Ended, I Don`t Get Out As Much"

gypsy tail windTolles Interview mit Bill Laswell, der Stories erzählt über Sonny Sharrock, Pharoah Sanders, Mick Jagger, Herbie Hancock, David Bowie und andere:
http://sfsonic.com/interviews/interview-bassistproducer-bill-laswell/

„Wie „Rockit“ entstand :

So Afrika Bambaataa, GrandMixer D.ST, all those guys. I connected with them at The Roxy. And I would go and listen. And then I went to The Bronx River Armory and I played live bass with Afrika Bambaataa and six other DJs. No drummer. So they would play records that I knew from the past. We would play Jimmy Castor Bunch for two hours with one bass line. And that’s when it hit me. It was like Indian or African music. It’s repetition. So I put that into perspective with the electronic music coming out of Europe in Germany at the time and I had this concept of this kind of electro music. A little bit of it was coming out of Detroit at the time, and then mix that with this Cuban percussionist, Daniel Ponce, and the bassline was a reference of a Pharoah Sanders vocal from his record Tauhid where he strings together all these mumbles. And Herbie’s line was a reference to Manu Dibango and Kraftwerk.

Interessant ….

--

"Kunst ist schön, macht aber viel Arbeit" (K. Valentin)