Re: Jazz-Glossen

#7660381  | PERMALINK

nail75

redbeansandriceund der Nachschlag zum Kalaparusha Artikel, “Tell him Sita said that woman he’s with now don’t look like Charlies Parker’s Chan to me! (he’ll know what I mean by that). „

Ich zitiere das mal komplett aus Gründen der Dokumentation:

Sita Difda
February 16, 2010 at 10:52 pm

I enjoyed seeing the pictures of Kalaparusha and I look forward to seeing your film.

The woman he is with is not is wife. His wife is his daughter Debbie’s mother, his high school sweetheart he got pregnant in high school and had to marry. Ask him about the college football scholarship he gave-up to marry Debbie’s mom.

Don’t forget his Woodstock years. Ask him how he got to New York and don’t believe the lie that his mother told him to move to New York. I moved him out of his mother’s house and we came to New York together. My idea not his or his mother’s, Mine!

Ask him to tell you the story of the Volkswagon with hole in the floor and the failed electric system, we named the car the blue bomb. We saw every mile between Chicago and Woodstock, through that hole in floor of that blue Volkswagon. It started to rain and the lights went out on the car. We didn’t even have headlights. I had to stick my head out the window to help guide the car and the back window blew out on the Tappen Zee Bridge.

Ask him to tell you about the time he missed his airflight to Europe because he went by subway to buy cocaine uptown at Manny’s house instead of the train-to-the plane at JFK and how his band and the tour promoter were waiting for him to get off the plane in Luxenberg and he was still back in Brooklyn and never made the tour.

Ask him about doing drugs with Miles Davis, Leroy Jenkins and Jerome Cooper in the early 80′s at Miles’ Brownstone. Please, please ask him why he loves drugs more than he loves himself.

Ask him about the time Clive Davis called our apartment in Brooklyn because he wanted to buy a master tape from one of Dif’s (that’s what I called Kalaparush) European tours I arranged and how he left an entire briefcase of master tapes on the subway and showed up at Clive Davis’ office empty-handed and Clive told him to come back after he found the tapes and never did.

Tell him I said this is chance to document his life and he should tell you the truth because he’s going to be really BIG after he dies, just like I told him during the 10 or 11 years we were together. Tell him I said I still have my finger on the pulse of the public and the truth is better than any lie he can tell. Please ask him to put his Aries pride and Southside ego on the back burner and document his real life. Tell him Sita said that woman he’s with now don’t look like Charlies Parker’s Chan to me! (he’ll know what I mean by that).

And would you please tell him that my son James graduated from College with two degrees music and english and is living and working 2 jobs in California one music and one to make sure he can always pay his rent, Melvin’s doing fine and I’m alive and well and living in New Jersey and got a college degree myself finally at age 49. Sometimes I miss him but I don’t miss being broke and unable to pay the rent or buy food or his drug use. And please tell Debbie I said hello and I hope her and her children are doing fine.

And thank you for documenting Kalaparusha’s life. His name is Kalaparush(a) Maurice McIntyre or Kalaparusha Ahra Difda. It is not Kalo. Peace…

--

Ohne Musik ist alles Leben ein Irrtum.