Re: Steve Wynn

#604391  | PERMALINK

beatlebum

Die folgende – irgendwie doch sensationelle – Mitteilung haben wir der Website von STEVE WYNN entnommen und wir können all diejenigen nur beneiden, die sich am nächsten Wochenende zufällig in Los Angeles aufhalten sollten:

„Well, the rumors are true. What had begun as a casual McCabe’s acoustic set to tie into my Summer visit to Los Angeles has turned into a DREAM SYNDICATE reunion of sorts. On July 28 at the tiny acoustic venue on Pico Boulevard, Paul B. Cutler, Mark Walton, Dennis Duck and I will play together for the first time since 1991. It’s not all that surprising since we were all friends when the band split up and have remained good pals ever since. But it also came about in a happenstance way. I had booked the show as a “Steve Wynn And Friends” show without really knowing who the “friends” would be. I had various ideas and had contacted all of the usual Suspects and then I had the idea to check in with Paul who has been telling me about his enthusiasm for the skills he had developed on his Spanish acoustic guitar in recent years. I asked if he’d be willing to do some songs with me and he enthusiastically said “yes.” Well, that got the ball rolling since I knew that Mark had moved to Las Vegas in the wake of the Katrina disaster in New Orleans. I’ve been missing him and invited him along as well. Another yes. At this point it only made sense to ask Dennis as well and despite having booked a Human Hands show in Hollywood the same night, he was able to do some juggling and said yes as well.
The show won’t be a recreation of what we were doing in the four years we recorded and toured together. Paul and I will be playing acoustic guitars and the volume will certainly be correspondingly reduced from the rhythm section as well. But we’ll be playing many of our favorite songs from those years and I’m really excited to see how it sounds. I don’t know if it will ever happen again but I do know that the four of us are pretty enthusiastic about the whole thing. If you’re not going to be in LA don’t worry. I have a feeling that the show will be well documented.“

http://www.bluerose-records.de/

--

Captain Beefheart to audience: Is everyone feeling all right? Audience: Yeahhhhh!!! awright...!!! Captain Beefheart: That's not a soulful question, that's a medical question. It's too hot in here.