Mal wieder ein paar nette Zitate:

1. Status Quo
Ganz aktuell meldete sich wieder Francis Rossi (Status Quo) zu Wort:

Quo saddle up for another tour
South Wales Evening Post; Swansea (UK)
November 15, 2007
by KATHRYN LAY

[EXCERPT]

Jeff Lynne is one of your heroes, isn’t he?

„I love everything he’s done, the Tom Petty
stuff, ELO, Zoom. He could dig a hole in the
floor and p*** in it and I’d say it was a work of
art. He did things with ELO that a lot of us
wanted to do, but we didn’t have the balls.

„I remember getting the Discovery album before it
was out in England. I was so pleased with myself.

„Jeff came to see us playing Birmingham and we
had a game of pool. I asked him ‚How do you do
that with your voice? Every time you sing I want
to cry.‘

„He said: ‚It’s easy. I just pretend I’m someone
else‘. I thought about that and said ‚Roy
Orbison?‘ He said ‚No, Helen Shapiro.'“

[END EXCERPT]

Quelle: Showdown (Offizielle ELO mailing list)

Auf den Impuls „Jeff [Lynne] ist einer deiner Helden, nicht?“ sprudelt es aus Francis nur so heraus. Er liebe so ziemlich alles von Jeff, ELO inklusive des neuen Albums „Zoom“, seine Arbeiten für Petty und so weiter. Er habe mit ELO Dinge gemacht, die viele machen wollten, aber sich nicht getraut hatten. Das „Discovery“-Album habe er vor dem VÖ-Termin in England erworben, weil er es kaum erwarten konnte. Jeff hatte sich in Birmingham damals ein Quo Konzert angesehen, und anschließend spielten er und Rossi n eine Partie Pool Billard. Francis fragte ihn, wie er das mit seiner Stimme mache, die ihn immer zum Weinen bringe. Jeff: Ich tu einfach so, als wäre ich jemand anderes. Francis: Roy Orbison. Jeff: Nein, Helen Shapiro :lol:.

02. Shelby Lynne meinte 2001

Your CD of the year?
I love the ELO record [Zoom]. The new Bob Dylan [Love and Theft] is great, too, because it swings.

Source: Blender, Dez. 2001, Ja. 2002

03. Tal Bachman

Der Sohn von Randy Bachman (Bachman, Turner Overdrive) („She’s So High“) meinte zu Jeff/ELO mal folgendes:

Indeed, Bachman remains an unabashed ELO fan, proclaiming Jeff Lynne to be „better than Mozart – well, at least a lot louder,“ and likes to refer to ELO albums as „sacred musical revelations.“)

Source: http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Tal-Bachman-Biography/B8618CB3526DC9644825689400255E40 (last visited: Oktober 2007)

Tal Bachman isn’t just an Electric Light Orchestra fan. He’s a walking, breathing ELO jukebox.
When conversation over lunch yesterday revealed our mutual admiration for the ’70s supergroup, the 29-year-old son of Canadian rock legend Randy Bachman started drumming on the table and singing impromptu versions of obscure ELO songs such as Standing in the Rain, The Fall, Whisper in the Night and 10538 Overture.
He didn’t just sing the melodies, but the harmonies, the string arrangements, the keyboard parts. Everything.
Later, he told me in all earnestness that he believes ELO mastermind Jeff Lynne is better than Mozart.
„He is a genius,“ Bachman said. „His songs encapsulate 400 years of popular music, from Mozart to Roy Orbison to The Beatles to Chuck Berry.“
We’re talking ELO because Bachman’s self-titled debut album — due in stores on Tuesday — is greatly influenced by British rock of the 1970s. Not only do Bachman’s overdubbed vocal harmonies recall ELO, but songs such as I Wonder echo the pop symphonies of Queen, while Paul Buckmaster — who worked on all of Elton John’s ’70s classics — handles the orchestrations.

Source: Bachman has seen the Light

By DAVID VEITCH

Apri 7, 1999
http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/B/Bachman_Tal/1999/04/07/743055.html (last visited: Oktober 2007)

Bachman ist ELO-Fanatiker und sieht in Jeff ein Genie der Größenordnung Mozart. (Nein, er war nicht high :lol:)

Das soll für heute mal genügen. Das nächste Mal vielleicht was zu Slash von Guns ’n‘ Roses, der, man glaubt es kaum, sich scheinbar gelegentlich mit Jeff zum Dinner verabredet …

--