Antwort auf: Ergebnisse zur Umfrage: Die 20 besten Tracks von Blur

Startseite Foren Fave Raves: Die definitiven Listen Die besten Tracks Ergebnisse zur Umfrage: Die 20 besten Tracks von Blur Antwort auf: Ergebnisse zur Umfrage: Die 20 besten Tracks von Blur

#12374393  | PERMALINK

firecracker

Niemand hat „Peach“ genannt, oder?

So toll!

Isn’t that mind-blowing?

The song’s lyrics are something I haven’t quite grasped. As the songs seems to be fixating on this girl who seems kind of strange, sort of out there (“you’re always your way, you are”) but oddly attractive, I’ve come to think of it as a description of this lady being a bit of an airhead, or something of a free spirit. But I’ve also seen a few comments that really go for the dark side of things, judging by the line in the chorus where a ‘gaping hole’ in the head is mentioned and the “gun in your pocket” lyric. Supposedly, this narrator may have had their heart broken, commits suicide and literally shoots themselves, allowing the birds to feast on their brains. Two polar-opposite situations, here. Maybe this is a case that should be left unsolved.

themusicinmyears.blog

--

Dirty, dirty feet from the concert in the grass / I wanted to believe that freedom there could last (Willy Mason)