Antwort auf: Chicago

#10379419  | PERMALINK

Anonym
Inaktiv

Offizielle Bekanntmachung von Jeff Coffey auf Facebook:

Jeff Coffey Music
19 Std. ·
Hi everyone,
I’m sure many of you are still reeling from Tris’s announcement the other day. I have to tell you, it was so heartwarming to see all the love, admiration, respect and appreciation for Tris coming from all of you! He so deserves the praise because not only is he a brilliant musician, but he’s also one hell of a nice guy! Seriously, one of the sweetest people I’ve ever known and an absolute thrill to play music with!
I am coming to you today with a heavy heart to announce that I am also leaving Chicago. In fact, we both played our last show earlier this week. Let me just start off by saying that for me, musically, playing with Chicago was like a match made in heaven! It truly was. It felt so natural from the very start. This amazing music is as much a part of my life as it is yours. To be offered the opportunity to play with such an incredible lineup of A-list musicians was a blessing, a privilege and an honor! Every time we got on stage to play for you, it brought me great joy, as I hope it did for you. This decision was made after much deliberation and consideration for what is best for my family and my career.
As many of you know, my family is my whole world! I cherish them above all else. It can be very difficult at times to find the right balance in life between work and happiness, or even how you define success. You have to weigh the sacrifices, decide what is most important to you and stand up for what you believe is right. We’ve all faced this same dilemma at some point, I’m sure. As Tris eluded, the scale here leans more and more towards heavy touring, with NO time for anything else. It wasn’t the right balance for me. As Chicago moves forward, I wish them continued success with their long and illustrious career. I want to thank my buddy Keith Howland for not only finding me, but helping me prepare for the show. To my friend and partner in rhythm, Tris, I truly believe we were destined to play together my friend. I also want to thank all the amazing Chicago fans who so warmly embraced the new guy! You are all very inspiring! To my Bus #2 peeps, I love you! What an amazing band that would be!!
Although I’m saying goodbye to touring with Chicago, this doesn’t mean I’m saying goodbye to you. On the contrary … I’m not going anywhere! I have a lot of new music coming your way as I’m in the process of finishing my 3rd and latest solo CD with the first single and video to hit in Feb. I’ll also be completing a really cool band project with some very special people. And touring is not out of the picture either. So, I hope you will continue to follow me as I move forward on the next phase of my musical journey.
With much love!
Jeff

Tja, dazu fällt mir wenig ein. Einen vermutlich nicht eben schlecht bezahlten Job für die Familie und die Möglichkeit, weiterhin eigene Musik machen zu können (was beim Tourprogramm von Chicago so gut wie unmöglich wäre) aufzugeben, spricht für ihn. Ich habe ihn einmal erlebt und war ziemlich sprachlos: perfekte Stimme, sympathisches Auftreten.

Alles Gute.

--