Re: Jackie Greene

#5213143  | PERMALINK

firecracker

grad die DVD bestellt (von digmusic.com):

Jackie Greene – Broken Hearts, Dusty Roads (DVD)

This intimate DVD caps a banner year (2003) for the 25-year old singer-songwriter, hailed by the SF Chronicle as „a phenom who reveals an effortless flair for Texas-and-Greenwich Village-style folk, hillbilly stomp, bar-band boogie woogie, or just about any roots-related genre he cares to try on for size. He’s a songwriter, plain and simple, and a superb one at that.“
In an after hours television studio, Greene, with his band and solo, performs songs from both Gone Wanderin‘ and Rusty Nails (DIG 106, 107). Conversational segments in between songs with industry vet and writer Kent Zimmerman reveal Greene’s engaging honesty, humor, and passion for music. He introduces the delicate „Sweet Somewhere Bound,“ the title track from his upcoming CD, as well as concert favorites „Don’t Mind Me, I’m Only Dying Slow“ and „The Red and the Rose.“

1. Gone Wanderin‘
2. The Rusty Nail
3. Sweet Somewhere Bound
4. So Sad To Say Goodbye
5. Don’t Mind Me, I’m Only Dying Slow
6. The Red And The Rose
7. Mexican Girl (abreviated)
8. Down In The Valley Woe (abreviated)
9. Freeport Boulevard (abreviated)

bin gespannt. … kann ryan adams‘ „live in jamaica“-dvd ja eigentlich nur übertreffen (obwohl sie durchaus ihren charme hat). ;-)

--

Dirty, dirty feet from the concert in the grass / I wanted to believe that freedom there could last (Willy Mason)