Re: Willie Nelson

#470265  | PERMALINK

sonic-juice

Wenn ich mir die Tracklist und die Beschreibung der Ausgabe so anschaue, dann ist auf CD 2 einfach eine Kompilation weiterer Aufnahmen, die so halbwegs ins Konzept passen, also z.B. auch Tracks von „Somewhere Over The Rainbow“ (die man ohnehin zur Gänze braucht). Ähnliches gab es zB auch schon bei der Legacy-Ausgabe von „My Very Special Guests“, dem Duet-Album von George Jones, auf das dann einfach dutzende weitere Duette anderer LPs gepackt wurden.

Siehe auch hier: „This Legacy edition of Stardust, released in conjunction with the seminal Sony-based reissue label’s ongoing celebration of Nelson’s 75th birthday as well as the album’s own 30th anniversary, contains a great bonus disc that expands the Stardust medium by collecting 16 more interpretations of the Great American Songbook Willie had scattered across a variety of albums from 1976 to 1984. Included here are Nelson’s takes on “What a Wonderful World” from his 1988 album of the same name, great renditions of “I’m Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter” and “Mona Lisa” from his 1981 jazz album Somewhere Over the Rainbow, the 1943 WWII hit “You’ll Never Know” off his second collaborative album with Booker T., 1983’s Without a Song. Also on this edition are crucial covers of “Tenderly”, “Stormy Monday” and a stark, gorgeous version of “One for My Baby (And One More for the Road)” from his 1979 album with Leon Russell One for the Road, which deserves a long-overdue Legacy edition in its own right. „

Meine Empfehlung: Legacy vergessen, sich dafür lieber die Classic-Pressung besorgen und die Originaltracks ohne Abstriche, Füllmasse und Sättigungsbeilage pur genießen.

--

I like to move it, move it Ya like to (move it)