Re: The Byrds

#395175  | PERMALINK

sweetheart
trouble loves me

Soeben bestellt, freue mich schon sehr darauf. Hatte gar nichts davon mitbekommen.

Byrds FlyghtThe Byrds Under Review is a documentary film, which explores in detail the music, career and background of arguably America’s most influential band.

Inventors of folk-rock and country-rock, and with a sizeable investment in what became garage-rock (and ultimately Punk), The Byrds could barely write a song without creating a new genre.

With the aid of many who were there at the time, as either part of the group or close at hand, this 2 DVD set is a celebration of one of Rock N’ Roll’s truly great bands.

Features Include:

Rare and classic performances re-assessed by our panel of experts

Footage and interviews from then and now

Exclusive and extensive contributions from Byrds members John York and Gene Parsons, plus further enlightenment from collaborators such as producer and arrange Van Dyke Parks, LA scenester and Wrecking Crew guitarist Jerry Cole, fiddle player Byron Berline and country guitarist Vern Gosdin

Opinion, review and critique from:

The Byrds esteemed biographer Johnny Rogan; ex-Rolling Stone editor Anthony DeCurtis; legendary music historian and author of Eight Miles High: Folk-Rock’s Flight from Haight-Ashbury to Woodstock, Richie Unterberger and British music journalist and author Nigel Williamson

Seldom seen footage of pre-Byrds collectives

Live and studio recordings of Byrds classics such as ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’,‘I’ll Feel A Whole Lot Better’, ‘Eight Miles High’, ‘Mr Spaceman’, ‘So You Want To Be A Rock N’ Roll Star’, ‘Hickory Wind’, ‘Chestnut Mare’ and many others

Extra Features Include Gene Parsons demonstrates his ‘StringBender’ – the guitar effect he invented for Byrd Clarence White

Jerry Cole recalls – tales of Phil Spector, Charles Manson and other LA notables

The John York Page

Full Contributor Biographies

--

My favourite 45s and LPs of all time.