Re: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) – Jeff Lynne

#2580687  | PERMALINK

pelo_ponnes

Peter Asher (Peter And Gordon)
Ausserdem produzierte er James Taylor, Linda Ronstadt und zuletzt das Buddy Holly Tribute Album, wo folgendes Zitat zu Jeff Lynne zu finden ist:

Jeff is the archetype of the modern studio maestro. He spends almost every day of his life there and has exceptional command of every musical instrument in a rock and roll band as well as a record-making skill to which most of us can only aspire. When I called him and asked him if he would join us for this project it did not take him long to decide on Words Of Love – and he delivered it only a couple of weeks later! I was thrilled! It sounds like a very favourite ELO track one has somehow forgotten. It immediately became one of my favourite tunes on the album and an inspiration to me in producing the rest of it.

Deutsche ZF: Für Asher ist Lynne ein Meister des modernen Studios. Er verbringt praktisch jeden Tag dort und beherrscht jedes typische Instrument einer Rock ’n‘ Roll Band außerordentlich gut. Ausserdem besitzt er Fähigkeiten bzgl. Plattenaufnahmen, die für die meisten anderen Leute im Geschäft unerreichbar bleiben. Er hat sehr flott gearbeitet. Lynnes Version von Words Of Love ist einer von Ashers Favoriten auf dem Album und hat ihn bei der Produktion der anderen Stücke inspiriert.

--