Antwort auf: Paul Weller

#10323873  | PERMALINK

marbeck
Keine Lust, mir etwas auszudenken

Das Januar-Heft von MOJO ist ein Pflichtkauf:

MOJO 290 / January 2018

AN IRRESISTIBLE PACKAGE this month as MOJO presents the rise of the Jam – the inspiring early days of their ascent to Mod magnificence. The Jam’s evergreen icon, Paul Weller, also plays a key part in MOJO’s Review Of The Year, which stars our 50 Best Albums Of 2017 and regular round-up of star recommendations, The Best Thing I’ve Heard All Year. Our FREE CD is our ever-popular Best Of The Year sampler, with tracks from our favourite albums of 2017, by artists including Weller, The War On Drugs, Sparks, Nadia Reid, Hurray For The Riff Raff and more. Also in the issue: Bruce Springsteen’s Tunnel Of Love, 30 years on; Josh Homme in the MOJO Interview; the debt we owe Fats Domino; the incredible story of the late-blooming Robert Finley. Plus! Arcade Fire; Captain Beefheart; The Edge on the new U2 album; and The Mummies: rock’s freakiest band, back from the undead!

COVER STORY: THE JAM The rise of Paul Weller’s People’s Band, and the Mod renaissance they unleashed, by the ace faces who were there. Cue: life-changing shows and era-defining songs, haloed with a pop-art blur of ripped seats and smashed Rickenbackers, and all driven by “a raw sense of destiny”.

FREE CD: 2017 – THE BEST OF THE YEAR is the MOJO covermount CD that does exactly what it says on the tin. Tracks from our favourite albums of the year, with artists including Paul Weller, The War On Drugs, Sparks, Nadia Reid, Hurray For The Riff Raff

THE BEST OF 2017 Includes the 50 Best New Albums, Best Reissues, Books and Music Films. Stars Paul Weller, James Murphy, Alice Coltrane, The Grateful Dead, Jane Weaver and many more.

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM