Antwort auf: Meine neueste LP

#9955841  | PERMALINK

clau
Coffee Bar Cat

John The RelevatorIch hatte es befürchtet

Aus dem Steve Hoffman Forum:

„Got my set yesterday on special order from my local shop, for $106 w/sales tax. Visual inspection revealed that, unlike with the Coltrane Mono set, which featured glossy tip-on (heavy carboard) sleeves, these were printed on regular card stock, glossy on the front and matted on the backs. Still nicely done. Visual inspection revealed all albums to be flat and perfectly spotless, although there is a mislabeling on side 1 of „Yes Indeed“, with a label for „Genius After Hours“ in its place. But that won’t deter me from keeping the set. Anyway, I’ve gotten through two of them so far, „Ray Charles“ and „The Genius Of….“ SQ on the first one was STUNNING…There just are no other words. As for TGORC, it was not bad (if a tiny bit sibilant on the horns in some places), but just as distorted in some of the louder passages on side 1 as ANY stereo cut I’ve ever heard over the years (including the 2009 Rhino reissue), which leads me to believe that the studio mics were probably just dialed in at a hotter-than-usual level, resulting in signal overload on the tapes that couldn’t be corrected after the fact. Either way, still very good.“

--

How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?