06 – Heart Shaped Face
07 – Sister
08 – Those Were The Days
09 – Woman
10 – Pops
<div class=“bbcode_quote“>
<div class=“bbcode_quote_head“>pitchfork.com wrote:</div>
<div class=“bbcode_quote_body“>

Angel Olsen has announced My Woman, the follow-up to her excellent 2014 album Burn Your Fire for No Witness. It’s out September 2 on Jagjaguwar. Olsen worked with producer Justin Raisen on the record, recording live to tape at LA’s Vox Studios. Guest guitarist Seth Kauffman joined her regular band lineup of bassist Emily Elhaj, drummer Joshua Jaeger, and guitarist Stewart Bronaugh. […]

In a press release, Olsen says the album addresses themes surrounding „the complicated mess of being a woman. … I’m definitely using scenes that I’ve replayed in my head, in the same way that I might write a script and manipulate a memory to get it to fit. But I think it’s important that people can interpret things the way that they want to.“

Along with My Woman, Olsen is releasing a bonus vinyl, Others‘ Blues, featuring covers of Roky Erickson’s „For You“ and Bruce Springsteen’s „Tougher Than The Rest.“

:liebe:

</div>
</div>

Wah! Was für ein großartiges Album! Angel Olson hatte ich bisher nicht auf dem Schirm, aber das hat sich nun geändert. Album des Monats und Anwärterin auf das Album des Jahres.

--