Re: Tindersticks

#99007  | PERMALINK

declan-macmanus

This Way Up / Island re issues, I know I said full details would be posted by now but there have been a few last minute delays. The band are mastering them all as we speak and there are a few last little decisions to make so full details will take another week or so to nail down. In the meantime here is an outline of what to expect. All six albums will be 2cd sets with a slipcase and alterations and additions to the artwork. Here is a quick list of what to expect.
1st album – as it was but with a bonus cd of the early demos the band recorded after moving to london and changing the name from asphalt ribbons to tindersticks. Sleeve notes by David Boulter and some extra photos.
2nd Album – as it was but with a bonus cd of the bloomsbury live set, sleeve notes by David Boulter and some extra photos.
Curtains – original lp with a bonus cd of all the bits and bobs of the time, sleeve notes by David Boulter and more photos.
Nanette et Boni – original soundtrack with a bonus cd of marks moods which is increasingly hard to find. Sleeve notes by David Boulter and extra photos.
Simple Pleasure – original album with bonus disc of 12 or 13 outakes and unreleased songs, pussycat will finally make an appearance, sleeve notes by David Boulter and extra photos.
Working for the man – a proper best of the island years, not like donkeys that was neither a best of nor a collection of rarities. The bonus disc will have 16 to 18 odds and sods of rare and collectable songs that are now hard to get. Sleeve notes by the legendary new york writer Michael hill and some extra photos.
Dvd – this will be a collection of all of the work the band have done with Martin Wallace, so that is all the videos they have made apart from no more affairs and dying slowly. It will also feature a few short films some of which have never been seen before. We are trying to get this out at the same time as the cd’s (late march / april) but it is a little complicated. We are talking to every one who was involved and we are hopeful of getting this sorted out, more news as we have it.

Verdammt, das wird teuer!

--

Lately I've been seeing things / They look like they float at the back of my head room[/B] [/SIZE][/FONT]