Re: Funde aus dem Archiv

#8054027  | PERMALINK

gypsy-tail-wind
Biomasse

gypsy tail windDie News sind zwar nicht mehr ganz neu, aber das klingt nach einem tollen Release:

Legacy Recordings has just announced the pending release of the Dave Brubeck Quartet’s Last Time Out: December 26 1967. It chronicles the final concert by the „classic“ Brubeck Quartet (Brubeck, alto saxophonist Paul Desmond, bassist Eugene Wright and drummer Joe Morello). This 15-song, two-CD set will appear November 11. It would be a significant historical release for that alone. What makes it even more significant is that the concert took place in a city with a distinctive jazz heritage acknowledged worldwide: here in Pittsburgh, at the Hilton, in front of a crowd of 1700. The tapes are not from Columbia Records; Brubeck paid to have the concert recorded, so it’s from his private collection.

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/arts-entertainment-living/get-rhythm/30126-brubeck-quartets-final-gig-pittsburgh-hilton-1967

St. Louis Blues
Three To Get Ready
These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)
Cielito Lindo
La Paloma Azul (The Blue Dove)
Take The „A“ Train
Someday My Prince Will Come
Swanee River
I’m In A Dancing Mood
You Go To My Head
Set My People Free
For Drummers Only
Take Five

--

"Don't play what the public want. You play what you want and let the public pick up on what you doin' -- even if it take them fifteen, twenty years." (Thelonious Monk) | Meine Sendungen auf Radio StoneFM: gypsy goes jazz, #151: Neuheiten aus dem Archiv – 09.04., 22:00 | Slow Drive to South Africa, #8: tba | No Problem Saloon, #30: tba