Re: Jazz-Neuerscheinungen

#8051909  | PERMALINK

atom

2015 wird offensichtlich das Jahr von William Parker. Nun folgt das zweite Raining On The Moon Album:

WILLIAM PARKER / Raining On The Moon – Great Spirit (AUM098)

1 .Bowl Of Stone Around The Sun .(9:37)
2 .Doson Ngoni Blues .(8:04)
3 .Feet Music .(5:43)
4 .Great Spirit .(6:43)
5 .Prayer-Improv .(5:52)
6 .Song (for Whitney) *.(6:25)
7 .Potpourri .(2:15)

William Parker: bass
Hamid Drake: drums
Rob Brown: alto saxophone
Lewis Barnes: trumpet
Eri Yamamoto: piano
Leena Conquest: voice

AUM FidelityGoing back a few years.. Corn Meal Dance is one of the most beautiful, potent, luminous, and true albums of all-original song ever made. The indelible melodies and rhythms; the lyrics – unyielding and uplifting in equal measure; the performances by all six musicians; the recording quality itself. All are strictly highest grade. It’s one of my all-time favorite albums, and the title track is one of my evermore all time favorite songs. If you don’t own it yet, I urge you to go for the combo special immediately.

The description of this album begins like that because the January 2007 studio session which yielded that album was extraordinarily productive, and Great Spirit finally presents the entire balance of material recorded (and mixed and mastered together with the rest) on that wonderful day. Going back back to these „out-takes“ regularly over the years, and having been consistently taken aback by their equally outsanding essence, I’m very happy to finally present & have available the totality of the recordings made on that magical third day of a new year. The action of finally preparing these tracks for release was prompted by Raining On The Moon’s 2015 invitation to perform at the Joy of Jazz Festival in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Link zur Homepage.

--

Hey man, why don't we make a tune... just playin' the melody, not play the solos...