Re: Die wirklich (!!) schlimmsten Stücke überhaupt

Startseite Foren Fave Raves: Die definitiven Listen Die besten Tracks Die wirklich (!!) schlimmsten Stücke überhaupt Re: Die wirklich (!!) schlimmsten Stücke überhaupt

#6602595  | PERMALINK

thomlahn

Scheint ja ein echtes Fachblatt zu sein. Hier der Kommentar zu 'Sounds of silence':

SIMON & GARFUNKEL
“The Sounds of Silence” 1965
If Frasier Crane were a song, he would sound like this

From the terrible opening line, in which darkness is addressed as “my old friend,” the lyrics of “The Sounds of Silence” sound like a vicious parody of a pompous and pretentious mid-’60s folk singer. But it’s no joke: While a rock band twangs aimlessly in the middle distance, Simon & Garfunkel thunder away in voices that suggest they’re scowling and wagging their fingers as they sing. The overall experience is like being lectured on the meaning of life by a jumped-up freshman.

Worst Moment “Hear my words that I might teach you”: Officially the most self-important line in rock history!

Ausserdem:

CÉLINE DION
“My Heart Will Go On” 1998
And on and on and on…

Lop off all but the first 20 seconds of this monster ballad, and it still merits a slot on this list for the unconscionable crime of adding pan-flute solos to the pop lexicon. But it doesn’t stop there: With a voice full of ornamental quivers and trembles, Canadian dynamo Céline Dion pushes arena-size schmaltz into the red, first cutting her syllables preciously short, then strangling each one out. Never has a song about all-consuming love sounded so trivial and been so inescapable — it powered the Titanic soundtrack to a year-topping 10 million copies sold, and made millions more pray that an iceberg would somehow hit Dion.

Worst Moment The third chorus, where she goes from soft to eye-bleedingly loud.

Hey – die haben das deutsche Wort 'Schmalz' übernommen. Aber falsch geschrieben.

Ausserdem gibt hier auch die 50 Craziest Pop stars ever. Toll. Plätze 1-10:

1 Michael Jackson
2 Brian Wilson
3 Axl Rose
4 Whitney Houston
5 Sly Stone
6 Peter Green
7 Syd Barrett
8 Euronymous
9 Ol’ Dirty Bastard
10 Ozzy Osbourne

Mann, die sind ja gut drauf..