Re: Johnny Cash – American V: A Hundred Highways

#5133389  | PERMALINK

elvis-cooper

Johnny Cash
American Recordings V

Ihm wird all die Zuneigung wahrscheinlich schon etwas suspekt gewesen sein. Aber trotz der geballten Ehrfurchts- und Respektsbezeugungen hat Johnny Cash immer weiter gearbeitet und aufgenommen. Das Ergebnis: Nun scheint endlich der lange erhoffte fünfte Teil der American Recordings veröffentlicht zu werden.

Billboard verriet der bärtige Guru Rick Rubin: „These songs are Johnny’s final statement. They are the truest reflection of the music that was central to his life at the time. This is the music that Johnny wanted us to hear.“ Tatsächlich enthält „American V: A Hundred Highways“ zwei neue Songs: „Like the 309“ ist der letzte Song, den Cash vor seinem Tod geschrieben hat, „I Came to Believe“ hingegen wurde vor Jahren bereits geschrieben und aufgenommen.

Nochmal Rubin: „We felt Johnny’s presence during the whole process through to the end. It felt like he was directing the proceedings, and I know that the musicians all felt that as well… More than once, Fergie [Engineer David „Fergie“ Ferguson] and I would look at each other and say ‚Johnny would love this,‘ because it was so good and so different from anything we’d done before, we knew he would be excited by what was happening.“

Andere enthaltene Songs sind Bruce Springsteens „Further On (Up the Road)“, Gordon Lightfoots „If You Could Read My Mind“, Hank Williams „On the Evening Train“, Rod McKuens „Love’s Been Good To Me“ und das Spiritual „God’s Gonna Cut You Down“.

Veröffentlichung geplant
zum 4.7.2006
Bestell-Nr.: 6966939

--

thankyou-thankyouverymuch-youreawonderfulaudience-thankyou