Re: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) – Jeff Lynne

#2578613  | PERMALINK

pelo_ponnes

1. REGINA SPEKTOR

Yeah, I love Highway Companion. I just remembered his name from the CD jacket. “Oh, that guy’s got to be really good, that sounds awesome.” Everyone’s like, “Yeah, he’s also done some other things…” He’s really amazing, really kind, and it was fucking awesome working with him. I loved the whole atmosphere that he made because it was at his home, and he’s just so talented, it’s crazy. Everything in that house is sort of magical, because he is who he is. So I would pick up an instrument and he’d say, “Oh yeah, George Harrison gave that to me. Step away from the banjo, lady.” But it’s really cool, and he has his own way of seeing sounds, I guess, or hearing things. He’s such an amazing writer and musician as well as a producer. I think he came to production just because he wanted his music to sound a certain way. So in that way, it’s very unique, because he’s a musician first.

http://www.rollingstone.com/blogs/smokin….ina-spektor.php

He’s amazing, in every way. He plays everything and anything. He’s just like, „Oh, we need drums on this, I’ll play. Oh, we need guitar. Oh, we need 12-string, or banjo.“ He can just pick anything up and play it. And he sings. It was really fun to get to sing with him. We sing harmonies on „Genius Next Door“ and on „Blue Lips.“ Certain things he did, I would never have thought to do, like the way the piano fades up on „Blue Lips.“ I love things like that because they would have never entered my mind. That’s the exciting thing about working with producers, because you get to work with ideas that would have never popped into your head.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/05/regina-spektor.html

Regina Spektor zeigt sich begeistert von der Zusammenarbeit mit Lynne. Sie kannte ihn nicht wirklich, hatte nur seinen Namen bei den credits von HIghway COmpanion gelesen, welches sie eine tolle Platte fand. Die ganze Atmosphäre in seinem Haus und Studio bezeichnet sie als magisch und lobt Jeff als außergewöhnlichen MUsiker, Komponisten und Produzenten. Sie betont, dass er als Produzent immer auch der MUsiker ist, der scheinbar jedes Instrument griffbereit hat und spielen kann. Sie liebt auch seine Fähigkeit als Harmoniesänger, die sie auf Vorschlag von Jeff bei den neuen Songs ausprobierte. Überhaupt macht auch Regina Spektors Aussage deutlich, dass Lynne immer ungewöhnliche Wege bestreitet und Überraschendes/Innovatives im Studio tut, auf dass sie selbst nie gekommen wäre.

(Ich freue mich ja ganz besonders auf Genius Next Door, eine von Jeff produzierte Sci Fi-Story. Bin gespannt, wie der Science Fiction Freund Jeff Lynne, in dessen eigener Musik dieser Aspekt ja zuletzt keine große Rolle spielte, das umgesetzt hat)

2. THE KILLERS

We love ELO. They were so great at crafting pop songs. It’s something that we’re still learning and studying.

http://blog.cleveland.com/entertainment/2009/04/in_midst_of_vegasinspired_tour.html

3. PURE REASON REVOLUTION
Immer mehr Bands aus dem Bereich Prog/Art Rock bekennen sich offen zu ELO.

Pure Reason Revolution

Was Musik betrifft, bin ich kein Snob. Gute Musik ist für mich einfach gute Musik, egal ob Grunge, Prog oder Electro“, erklärt Jon Courtney, kreativer Kopf von Pure Reason Revolution, gleich zu Beginn des Gesprächs. Obwohl ich Bands wie ELO oder YES verehre, war mein absolutes Lieblingsalbum 2008 „Idealistic“ von Digitalism.

Quelle: eclipsed April 2009, 19.

--