Re: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) – Jeff Lynne

#2576665  | PERMALINK

pelo_ponnes

HERE IS THE NEWS

Seit dem 7. Oktober auch in Deutschland veröffentlicht: die Best Of All Over The World. Hoffentlich Vorbote für Grösseres…

QUOTES

Mal wieder ein paar Äusserungen:

a) Tom Petty in dem bald erscheinenden Buch „Conversations With Tom Petty“
Quelle: ELO Showdown Mailing List

Here’s one excerpt from page 233:

TP: „Jeff showing up was such a lightning bolt from the Gods. It was such a big deal. It had such an impact on everything we would do after that. Literally, I think everything we’ve done since then, it’s always been, ‚What would Jeff think of this?‘ It’s always been like that.

I’d always admired Jeff so much. And I got to hang with him a little bit when we were in England on the Bob Dylan tour. Jeff came out to Birmingham when we played there. And then we were in London for a week. They would come down pretty often in the afternoon, and hang around till late after the gig. So I became pretty tight with him and George right away. We had a marvelous time.

But Jeff was such a genius in the studio. Just so good. He made things that had been really difficult seem so easy all of a sudden. Like getting a good take. It just all came so easy to him. He taught me a lot. A lot about singing, a lot about harmony, a lot about arranging. Everything.“

Zusammenfassung: Petty sagt, dass er Lynne immer schon bewundert habe, und dass er dann mit ihm arbeiten konnte, sei wirklich das grosse Ding gewesen. Lynne hat einen solchen Einfluss auf ihn gehabt, dass er sich bei allen nachfolgenden Alben immer die Frage stellte: „Was würde Jeff dazu sagen?“. Lynne sei solch ein Genie im Studio, dass plötzlich alle Dinge so einfach schienen, die vorher solch‘ große Probleme bereitet hätten. Er habe viel von Lynne gelernt, viel über das Singen, Harmonien und das Arrangieren.

b) Steve Harley (Cockney Rebel) spielte am 20. September auf BBC Radio2 in seiner Show „SOUNDS OF THE SEVENTIES“ ELO’s ROLL OVER BEETHOVEN und sagte danach:

„A seriously good record like just about everything Jeff Lynne’s involved with […]. But in spite of a hit with […] 10538 Overture, Roy Wood soon walked out. I never did get clear why that was but Lynne took the helm and in his brilliant hands ELO produced a long string of hits and innovative albums […]. And Jeff Lynne, He’s got the lot realy. He’s a fine, a really fine musician with a faultless pair of producers‘ ears… He made what for me is one of the very best CD’s of modern times…. Traveling Wilburys Volume !“.

Also: Harley hält ROB für eine tolle Aufnahme wie so ziemlich alles, bei dem Jeff seine Finger im Spiel hatte. Eines seiner Lieblingsalben ist Vol. 1 von den Wilburys. ELO hat nach Harley unter Lynne’s Leitung eine Reihe innovativer Alben geschaffen. Jeff habe es wirklich drauf. Und er sei ein wirklich toller Musiker mit einem sehr guten Gehör, wichtig für einen Produzenten.

--