Re: Tom Waits "Real Gone"

#2228801  | PERMALINK

to-ramona

01. TO OF THE HILL. The song has a ´cut up´ Mungo Jerry dance feel with a syncopated wind-up car beat highlighted by turntables, nonsense rhyme and kazoo funk guitar. Described by Waits as “ an expensive ride to a bad neighbourhood.“

02. HOIST THAT RAG. A pounding heat-soaked Afro-Cuban style sea tale of plundering mercenaries.

03. SINS OF MY FATHER. A crosscut and fade of dark tales and wayward odysseys, complete with oblique references to politics past and present. A song which chronicles personal and collective fallings… with a promise of redemption.

04. SHAKE IT. An erotic mambo melded into a blue stomp… an escaped convict´s dream of real freedom.

05. DON`T GO INTO THAT BARN: A cautionary tale. A rural blues Night of the Hunter told in the voices of four different characters.

Show your teeth, bray like a calf You kill me with your machine gun laugh You make me trouble with the floor That´s creaking I´ve been ready to ka boom for a week Put on your stockings and your powder and blush keep it all on the hush, hush, hush Do… the Metropolitan Glide TOM WAITS

They´ll hang me in the morning on scoffield yea big To dance upon nothing to the tyborn jig. Treats you like a puppet when you´re under it´s spell Oh the heart is heaven But the mind is hell ( Sins Of My Father)

--