Re: Silver Jews

#1394193  | PERMALINK

green-cloud-of-happiness

„Tanglewood Numbers“ kommt soweit ich weiss am 18. Oktober raus.
Ich bin froh, daß überhaupt noch mal ein neues Silver Jews Album erscheint. Im amerikanischen FADER Magazin kam kürzlich ein Artikel über David Bermans Selbstmordversuch mit einer Mischung aus Benzodiazepinen und Crack(!).

Auszug:

It’s not surprising that no one heard what happened that morning, two years ago. How Berman woke up and overdosed. He’d overdosed twice before. This time, however, it was intentional.
He set out to take 300 orange Xanax, ten at a time, between house chores. He brushed his teeth, took ten pills. He made the bed, took ten pills. He showered. He walked Miles. He got the mail. Then he stopped remembering. What must’ve happened in the next few minutes or hours was that Berman grew incredibly romantic. Like the most honest but self-consciously histrionic moments of his writing, he stumbled to his closet and put on his wedding suit. He tried to scribble some final words. „Cassie I’m sorry. I can’t take it anymore. I love you.“ Then he called his crack dealer. His dealer picked him up and brought him to the place he’d ostensibly been living for the past year and a half.

Das er schwer depressiv ist und Medikamente nimmt, habe ich schon vor einigen Jahren gelesen. Und die Kontakte zur harten Drogenszene sind auch nicht so verwunderlich für jemanden der jahrelang mit ROYAL TRUX abgehangen hat. Aber das es so ernst ist…
Hoffentlich gehts ihm jetzt wieder besser.
Mann Mann Mann…

--