Antwort auf: Black Country, New Road | Ants From Up There

Startseite Foren Die Tonträger: Aktuell und Antiquariat Aktuelle Platten Black Country, New Road | Ants From Up There Antwort auf: Black Country, New Road | Ants From Up There

#11762697  | PERMALINK

Anonym
Inaktiv

The new album feels like a natural and big departure from the first album! What artists were you listening to, and what changed in the songwriting process?

Charlie Wayne (Black Country, New Road): Yeah I think that departure felt really marked by everyone in the group. I remember being so worried about it. Particularly because people had become quite connected to the songs on the first album; I thought that people were going to really resent the lack of dissonance, or the more straightforward songwriting. I think the most important part of the songwriting was that we were creating music for one another, not for an audience. Most of the album was conceived during the lockdown at the beginning of 2021. We had no idea when we would be performing any of the songs. We just didn’t think about them in that context. We were writing music as a way to keep busy and happy during a very bleak time. When you’re in that sort of situation, creating dissonant or aggressive music felt super out of place. We wanted to write music that felt emotional and comforting.

We were all listening to different sorts of stuff, I think that’s one of the great things about the group. We’re all informed by slightly different influences. There is obviously some overlap: Arcade Fire, Billie Eilish, The Beach Boys and Arthur Russell are artists we all like. More specifically though I was listening to lots of Sufjan Stevens, Alex G, Pink Pantheress and Joyce Manor around the time we were writing and recording the album.

Interview: Black Country, New Road Talk About New Album ‚Ants From Up There‘

Hört man nicht unbedingt raus, die Einflüsse.

--