Antwort auf: Umfrage: Die besten Alben von Thelonious Monk

Startseite Foren Fave Raves: Die definitiven Listen Die besten Alben Umfrage: Die besten Alben von Thelonious Monk Antwort auf: Umfrage: Die besten Alben von Thelonious Monk

#11706565  | PERMALINK

soulpope
"Ever Since The World Ended, I Don`t Get Out As Much"

“The photography was done at the studio of Horn/Griner (Steve Horn and Norman Griner). They specialized in lavishly produced and complex photo shoots. The studio was in a townhouse in the Fifties, off Third Avenue. The shooting studio was on the ground floor. That’s where they had constructed, furnished and propped the set.

„Monk arrived in a smoky gray Bentley or Rolls Royce, I forgot which. He was chauffeured by ‘The Baroness.’ I know that you know who she was. She wore a pale green watered silk cocktail dress and long gloves. She was also adorned by a lot of opulent jewelry, including, as I recall, a tiara. It was approximately 10:00am.

„Monk entered the building, wearing what he wore in the shot (except for the rifle). The cow was standing in the vestibule, she had not yet taken her place on the set. Monk went over and put his arm around her shoulders. He bent down close to her right ear and very calmly and quietly said: „Moo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o.”  The cow seemed unimpressed. Monk then just walked onto the set; sat down at that battered upright piano and proceeded to play for about an hour and a half. And the piano was terribly out of tune and I`m sure didn’t have all of its keys. But it didn’t matter… it was great! After the photo session Monk got up and left with The Baroness. The only word he had spoken in all that time was to the cow.“ –

(Michael Cuscuna)

--

"Kunst ist schön, macht aber viel Arbeit" (K. Valentin)