Antwort auf: 27.12.2020

Startseite Foren Das Radio-Forum Roots. Mit Wolfgang Doebeling 27.12.2020 Antwort auf: 27.12.2020

#11311063  | PERMALINK

hat-and-beard
dial 45-41-000

„This is a message for my old friend Wolfgang from Max from the Flaming Stars. Right from when we first started putting out records – proper vinyl records, of course – you played them on your show and wrote about them in Rolling Stone, and that was the main thing that introduced us to the German audience. Over the next 24 years we played many, many shows in Germany, and ran into a lot of those people who had first encountered our music because of you. To simply say thank you doesn’t seem nearly enough. I can’t believe that any radio station would be stupid enough to cancel a show like yours, which I have listened to many times over the years. In fact, there isn’t another show like yours, and they’ll only find out what a huge gap in the cultural scene is left behind – a gap that will be impossible to fill. No-one else will have the knowledge, or the taste, or the history, to fill that role. How can they let go the man who showed Johnny Cash around Berlin when Johnny wanted to look over the Berlin Wall? In Britain we had John Peel, in Germany there was Wolfgang Doebeling. Here’s to you.“
MAX DÉCHARNÉ

--

God told me to do it.