Antwort auf: Song des Tages Vol. II

Startseite Foren Fave Raves: Die definitiven Listen Die besten Tracks Song des Tages Vol. II Antwort auf: Song des Tages Vol. II

#10922369  | PERMALINK

go1
Gang of One

Catherine Rudie – „Pale Blue Dot“ (2019)

Folk von der eher experimentellen als traditionellen Sorte, aus dem Album The Möbius Kiss, das heute erscheint. Der Track ruhig, stimmungs- und geheimnisvoll, fein arrangiert und mit etwas Elektronik angereichert, die Lyrics rätselhaft – auf ihrem Einkaufszettel stehen Farben.

Catherine Rudie:

The video was inspired by a man I saw a couple of years ago at Kings Cross station who looked like a completely normal commuter, with a suit and tie… except he was also wearing a gold pyramid on his head. (…) To me, he represents an independence of thought and creativity which is very admirable in a world which can often seem very mundane and lacking in magic.

To me, this seems to fit with the theme of the song itself. Although we can become too used to our routines and our ‘normal’ lives… really we are on a tiny planet surrounded by an infinity of weird and wonderful things. Our existence itself is as strange and magical as anything we can dream up in our heads.

--

To Hell with Poverty