Antwort auf: In The Pipeline – Coming Soon – Forthcoming Goodies

#10828425  | PERMALINK

flashbackmagazine

ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND – “ “Fillmore West ’71” (4CD)

Few bands shaped the sound of what came to be known as southern rock quite like The Allman Brothers Band. As part of the celebrations surrounding their 50th anniversary, Allman Brothers Recording Company and The Orchard have announced a new four-CD collection of unreleased live material called Fillmore West ’71, due for release on September 6.

Recorded just two months before their legendary New York City live album At Fillmore East, the Fillmore West ’71 set collects all the recordings from a weekend run at San Francisco’s Fillmore West in January of 1971, sourced from the original reel-to-reel soundboard masters. It presents the band in their prime with Duane Allman, Gregg Allman, Dickey Betts, Jaimoe, Berry Oakley and Butch Trucks firing on all cylinders with sets that were equal parts loose and intense.The tracks within include fiery and often lengthy versions of some of their most beloved material:  from “Statesboro Blues,” and “In Memory of Elizabeth Reed,” to “Midnight Rider,” and a typically incendiary “Whipping Post,” the band delivers the goods across all three nights.

While each night was special, the January 31 show (spread across Discs 2 and 3) was particularly intense, with churning takes on “Hoochie Coochie Man” and a newer jam called “Hot ‘Lanta.” The January 31 show closes with “Whipping Post,” but the label has offered up a thrilling bonus track: a 45-minute workout on “Mountain Jam” recorded at The Warehouse in New Orleans on March 13, 1970.  The press release notes that this particular version has never been released before.

Disc 1 – 1/29/1971:

1.Statesboro Blues

2.Trouble No More

3.Don’t Keep Me Wonderin’

4.In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed

5.Midnight Rider

6.Dreams

7.You Don’t Love Me

8.Whipping Post

Disc 2 – 1/30/1971:

1.Statesboro Blues

2.Trouble No More

5.Stormy Monday

6.You Don’t Love Me

7.Whipping Post

Disc 3 – 1/31/1971, Part 1:

1.Statesboro Blues

2.Trouble No More

5.Midnight Rider

6.Hoochie Coochie Man

7.Dreams

8.You Don’t Love Me

Disc 4 – 1/31/1971 Part 2:

1.Hot ‘Lanta

2.Whipping Post

3.Mountain Jam (Live At The Warehouse, New Orleans, LA 3/13/1970) (bonus track, first release of this version)

Quelle: SecondDisc

--