Antwort auf: Molly Tuttle

#10691649  | PERMALINK

go1
Gang of One

Es gibt – endlich! – einen Erscheinungstermin für Molly Tuttles Debüt-LP: When You’re Ready wird am 5. April auf Compass Records erscheinen. Vorbote ist „Take the Journey„: ein Song über das Durchhalten auf einem langen Weg (Lyrics), ein spannungsreicher Track mit rhythmisch akzentuiertem Gitarrenspiel und dieser vom Banjo abgeleiteten Anschlagstechnik, die sie manchmal einsetzt. Gefällt mir sehr gut.

Mehr Info gibt’s beim ROLLING STONE:

Nowhere are those full-throttle skills more evident than on “Take the Journey,” which kicks off with a sizzling guitar riff that would make Lindsey Buckingham blush. “You can try to control the weather but the rain inside you is still gonna fall,” Tuttle sings in the tune that offers encouragement and inspiration to anyone tempted to abandon a particular quest. (…)
“I sat down with Sarah Siskind one afternoon in East Nashville,” Tuttle tells Rolling Stone Country. “We wanted to write a song with a modal feel, and as we were writing I started messing around with a claw hammer guitar part in a modal G tuning. To me this song is about the hero’s journey, a story arc that we see in books and movies. Everyone has some form of hero’s journey in their own lives as well.”

--

To Hell with Poverty