Antwort auf: In The Pipeline – Coming Soon – Forthcoming Goodies

#10512993  | PERMALINK

flashbackmagazine

THE DOORS – „Waiting For The Sun“ (50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition)

In September, Rhino will issue a 50th anniversary deluxe edition of The Doors‘ third album Waiting For The Sun.

The 1968 long-player features the band’s second US number one, Hello, I Love You (its B-side Love Street is the second track on Waiting For The Sun) and it reached the summit on the American album charts too, the only Doors album to achieve this feat.

This 50th anniversary reissue is a three-disc set – two CDs and a vinyl record – and features a newly remastered version of the stereo mix of the album (by Bruce Botnick) on both CD and the vinyl.

The second CD offers 14 previously unreleased tracks: Rough mixes of nine songs from the album, as well as five tracks performed live in Copenhagen in September 1968. Of the ‘recently discovered’ rough mixes Botnick has this to say: “I prefer some of these rough mixes to the finals, as they represent all of the elements and additional background vocals, different sensibilities on balances, and some intangible roughness, all of which are quite attractive and refreshing.” The bonus tracks on the 40th anniversary reissue haven’t been repeated here.

Audiophiles might be interested to know that the CDs in this new release have been encoded with the MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) process. These are fully compatible with standard CD players, but when connected to an MQA-enabled device, it can play the same disc back in hi-res 176 kHz /24 bit. I’ve never tried this myself – any good?

This Waiting For The Sun 50th anniversary reissue will be released on 14 September 2018.

Quelle: SuperDeluxeEdition

Tracklist:

Disc One (CD)

Hello, I Love You

Love Street

Not To Touch The Earth

Summer’s Almost Gone

Wintertime Love

The Unknown Soldier

Spanish Caravan

My Wild Love

We Could Be So Good Together

Yes, The River Knows

Five To One

Disc Two (CD) (All Tracks Previously Unreleased) – Rough Mixes

Hello, I Love You

Summer’s Almost Gone

Yes, The River Knows

Spanish Caravan

Love Street

Wintertime Love

Not To Touch The Earth

Five To One

My Wild Love

Live In Copenhagen

The WASP (Texas Radio And The Big Beat)

Hello, I Love You

Back Door Man

Five To One

The Unknown Soldier

Disc Three: 180g LP (Remastered Original Stereo Mix)

Side One

Hello, I Love You

Love Street

Not To Touch The Earth

Summer’s Almost Gone

Wintertime Love

The Unknown Soldier

Side Two

Spanish Caravan

My Wild Love

We Could Be So Good Together

Yes, The River Knows