Antwort auf: Villagers

#10507447  | PERMALINK

firecracker

Die Videos könnten etwas weniger spooky sein… „Nothing Arrived“ verfolgt mich immer noch. Oder wieder – seit Tagen. ;) Terrence Bliss ist offenbar sehr beschäftigt mit seiner Arbeit oder mit den Vögeln, die er beobachtet; er hat nicht einmal mehr Zeit fürs Book of Faces. Toll irgendwie Kommentare wie diese zu lesen: „Dear Stephen, I was in the library recently and made use of their computing facility to look up the title of this beat combo’s [Villagers natürlich] newest Long Player. It is indeed a crackerjack of a title. Best wishes, Terrence.“

Oder: „Dear Alex and Stephen,

On the matter of the jade/money tree, many thanks. Sadly, there appears to be a disconnect between the health of one’s money tree and one’s bank balance. I am considering contacting the appropriate ombudsman to enquire about this.
Equally sadly, the garden is communal, and therefore outwith my remit. However, when England were playing in Manaus, I could look out of my window here and feel much closer to Our Boys as they strutted and fretted their 90 minutes on the world stage against the Azzurri.

I hope all is well with you both, gentlemen.

Kind regards,

Terrence.“

Oder: „Hello dearest friends in the Face Book.

Well, a week today Spring will finally be upon us. I’m sure for those poor souls still experiencing saturated ground, this will be cheery news. I can report that here in my tiny corner of London Town it has already well and truly sprung. This very day, in temperatures of around 15 Celsius (that’s 59 Fahrenheit in old money – my favourite money), I observed office workers sunbathing. I only hope they’d liberally applied their SPF 50 cream. I wanted to approach them to ask, but thought the better of it.

Happy Spring (or Autumn for those on the other half of the planet).

Best wishes, Terrence.“ (14 March 2014)

--

Dirty, dirty feet from the concert in the grass / I wanted to believe that freedom there could last (Willy Mason)