Antwort auf: 2018: Jazzgigs, -konzerte & -festivals

#10502217  | PERMALINK

vorgarten

es gibt keinen jazz-club-thread, deshalb hier:

r.i.p. lorraine gordon, deren jugendliche jazzbegeisterung sie erst in eine ehe mit alfred lion, später mit max gordon führte – und das village vanguard nach dessen tod 1989 witerführen ließ (jetzt macht’s die tochter).

„Ms. Gordon, often nursing a glass of vodka, presided over the scene with a personal brand of tough love.“ (nytimes-nachruf).

verstreutes aus facebook:

„She was a force of nature: New York personified. May she Rest In Peace. We loved her, and she will never be forgotten.“ (Renee Rosnes)

„Strong lady, no filter….we had a playful relationship. Thanks to her for helping me, and fighting the good fight. I’m happy to have seen her recently during a Steve Coleman show. May the Vanguard thrive always, in the spirit of her and Max. Love.“ (Jeff Tain Watts)

„Lorraine Gordon, like her husband Max Gordon – one of a kind. Didn’t bite her tongue, said what she thought, alternately cantankerous and charming – my kind of person.“ (Steve Coleman)

„So much love to the Village Vanguard family as we all mourn the loss of Lorraine. Her voice, her seat, her answering the phone, her kicking people out, her welcoming people in, her martini, her smile, her snort in her laugh (that i do in tribute to her), her recommendations, her style, her turkey at thanksgiving, her hug, her ears, everything. She made it all count.“ (Jason Moran)

--