Antwort auf: 27.06.2017 "Swooping Eagle #2 Teil 1" & "KopfKino" & "Swooping Eagle #2 Teil 2"

Startseite Foren Das Radio-Forum StoneFM 27.06.2017 "Swooping Eagle #2 Teil 1" & "KopfKino" & "Swooping Eagle #2 Teil 2" Antwort auf: 27.06.2017 "Swooping Eagle #2 Teil 1" & "KopfKino" & "Swooping Eagle #2 Teil 2"

#10215419  | PERMALINK

delia-hardy
Adlerauge

Max Roach – The Drum Also Waltzes

„Danny was an absolutely brilliant drummer. He was the reason that people would stay and listen to us, I believe, and take the time to try and figure us out – at least they could hear some good drumming, which they understood. It would take them a while to figure out what the Hell I was doing, but Danny would keep them glued to the band until they did figure it out. And once that happened, they would realise, “Hey, look what’s happening here. We’ve got music, but no guitars! That’s astonishing,” and then they would be into it. I think there’s no question that Danny was the glue. I was the thing that, I don’t know, floated around and was unpredictable. Danny was the solid rock, the glue, that held the band together.“

Moe Tucker zum Beispiel war großer Fan: „She thought Danny was just the most amazing thing she’d ever seen. She would come in and just sit in rapt attention, staring at Danny playing the drums. He almost got a little uncomfortable with her staring at him like that.“

Und auch Jimi Hendrix war so begeistert, dass er ihn gleich abwerben wollte:

„Danny played drums in his first band. His first band was something called Jimi James and the Blue Flames. And they worked as a house band all through the village, just a straight blues band.  And the drummer was apparently very unreliable; he’d get drunk and get lost or something.  He wouldn’t show up for days, sometimes weeks.  One time he went to detox and just stayed there for months. And Jimi would call Danny and Danny would come drum with him.  And so when Hendrix got the opportunity to go to England and try and make something bigger for himself because he didn’t feel like it was happening in the states, but a bunch of the British musicians were saying we could make it happen, he begged Danny to come with him.  He didn’t wanna go by himself and just be there with, you know, have to pick up musicians.  He ended up with a pretty good group, but fortunately, Danny didn’t wanna go to Britain.  He just didn’t want to go and so I got him.“

Und dann brach 2004 an. Simeon zieht eine knallharte Krankengymnastik durch, kann wieder laufen, sich bewegen, spielen, doch: „The timing was amazing. By the time I was back on my feet he was so sick that he couldn’t play, and wheelchair bound.“

An Krebs erkrankt erliegt Danny Taylor am 05.März 2005 einem Herzinfarkt.

--

…because life is full of important things.