Antwort auf: 27.06.2017 "Swooping Eagle #2 Teil 1" & "KopfKino" & "Swooping Eagle #2 Teil 2"

Startseite Foren Das Radio-Forum StoneFM 27.06.2017 "Swooping Eagle #2 Teil 1" & "KopfKino" & "Swooping Eagle #2 Teil 2" Antwort auf: 27.06.2017 "Swooping Eagle #2 Teil 1" & "KopfKino" & "Swooping Eagle #2 Teil 2"

#10215067  | PERMALINK

delia-hardy
Adlerauge

Sun Ra – Love In Outer Space

Die Erde, vom Mond aus betrachtet. The view that Kepler dreamt of, wie Astro-Legende Carl Sagan einst in seinem Standardwerk „Cosmos“ schrieb.

In ihrem Elfenbein-Domizil hatte Simeon ein Gedicht an die Wand gepinnt: „The Song Of The Wandering Aengus“ von William Yeats. Die dritte Strophe lautet:

Though I am old with wandering

Through hollow lands and hilly lands,

I will find out where she has gone,

And kiss her lips and take her hands;

And walk among long dappled grass,

And pluck till time and times are done,

The silver apples of the moon,

The golden apples of the sun.

…und der entnahm das Duo seinen Namen:

„The apples, we felt, linked us to New York. Also, Yeats relates silver to the moon and gold to the sun. We were night people and so thought the moon was much cooler.“

Und was Sun Ra betrifft, hält Simeon noch folgende Erinnerung parat:

„In the early 60s in New York there was a dive called Slugs way over on the Lower East Side where none but the brave or stupid dared venture. Every Thursday night this musician who called his act Sun Ra and his Arkestra held court there, and me and my girlfriend would get brave and stupid and go have a beer and catch what was happening. Many times we would be the only people there, except for the bartender and the Arkestra folks who were a costumed multitude, some musicians, some who danced some kind of Afro-mythology interpretation and others who held weird poses for hours. One time I got up to go take a leak and there was an African warrior balanced on the urinal playing a saxophone. Amazing… and beer was only 25 cents a mug. What I learned from this, that has stuck to me like flypaper, is that music is whatever the musician says it is!“

--

…because life is full of important things.