Indigo Girls

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 22)
  • Autor

sokrates
    Bound By Beauty

Indigo Girls (1989) ***
    Nomads, Indians, Saints (1990) ***1/2
    Swamp Ophelia (1994) ***

--

„Weniger, aber besser.“ D. Rams
    Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
    Werbung
    #5636759  | PERMALINK

dr-music

Indigo girls **1/2

--

Jetzt schon 62 Jahre Rock 'n' Roll
    #5636761  | PERMALINK

zufo

1200 Curfews ***

Gruss,
    ZUFO

--

To be a rock and not a roll
    #5636763  | PERMALINK

annamax

Leute, Leute,

da müsst ihr aber noch ein wenig nachlegen, in eurer Sammlung!

Indigo Girls (1989) ****1/2
    Swamp Ophelia (1994) ****
    1.200 Curfews (1995) *****
    Come On Now Social (1999) ***1/2
    All That We Let In (2004) ****
    Despite Our Differences (2007) ***1/2

--

I'm pretty good with the past. It's the present I can't understand.
    #5636765  | PERMALINK

annamax

Update:

Strange Fire ***1/2
    Indigo Girls (1989) ****1/2
    Swamp Ophelia (1994) ****
    1.200 Curfews (1995) *****
    Come On Now Social (1999) ***1/2
    All That We Let In (2004) ****
    Despite Our Differences (2007) ***1/2
    Poseidon & the Bitter Bug (2009) ****

Leider wurde ‚Poseidon‘ vom Rolling Stone sträflich ignoriert, obwohl mit ‚Sugar Tongue‘ einer der schönsten Indigo Girls-Songs aller Zeiten drauf ist. Ich hoffe mal, diese Ignoranz hält nicht an.

Ende Juni gibt’s ein neues Live-Paket namens ‚Staring Down the Brilliant Dream‘:

Staring Down the Brilliant Dream, the newest release from Indigo Girls, will be released on June 29.
    Indigo Girls Amy Ray and Emily Saliers celebrate their long-standing passion for live performance on their upcoming release, Staring Down the Brilliant Dream. The 2-disc CD features 31 songs, each hand-selected by the GRAMMY®-winning duo to capture the most memorable moments of their 2006 2009 shows. The CD reflects the spontaneity of a typical Indigo s concert and includes a mix of solo performances and other numbers backed by their full band, plus vocal collaborations with such guests artists as Brandi Carlile and Jill Hennessey. Staring Down the Brilliant Dream encapsulates the wide range of emotions that fill their shows with fire and wonder, from the warm, sing-a-long spirit of Saliers‘ Closer to Fine to the political combustion of Ray’s Go. With two decades and countless concerts behind them, it would be understandable if the duo now found it hard to distinguish one concert from the next. Instead, as this CD proves, they remain as engaged and present onstage as ever. For each track, Saliers and Ray have penned personal notes on how they wrote the song, what they remember about that specific show, and why among the thousands to chose from they value this performance so much. This 2-disc set is a brilliant reminder of all those concerts we were lucky to catch and consolation for the ones we hated to miss.

http://www.indigogirls.com

--

#5636767  | PERMALINK

stylo

Indigo Girls ****
    Swamp Ophelia ***
    Become You ***1/2

--

Oh, the wind, the wind is blowing, through the graves the wind is blowing, freedom soon will come; then we'll come from the shadows.
    #5636769  | PERMALINK

annamax

AnnaMaxLeider wurde ‚Poseidon‘ vom Rolling Stone sträflich ignoriert, obwohl mit ‚Sugar Tongue‘ einer der schönsten Indigo Girls-Songs aller Zeiten drauf ist. Ich hoffe mal, diese Ignoranz hält nicht an.

Die Ignoranz hält leider doch an. Kann mir mal einer – vorzugsweise aus der Redaktion – erklären, warum auch das neue Album ‚Beauty Queen Sister‘ nicht besprochen wurde?

--

#5636771  | PERMALINK

onkel-tom

Strange Fire ****-

--

Gewinnen ist nicht alles, gewinnen ist das einzige.
    #5636773  | PERMALINK

annamax

AnnaMaxDie Ignoranz hält leider doch an. Kann mir mal einer – vorzugsweise aus der Redaktion – erklären, warum auch das neue Album ‚Beauty Queen Sister‘ nicht besprochen wurde?

Und auch die Veröffentlichung von One Lost Day vor zwei Monaten wäre eine Meldung wert gewesen.

Immerhin gibt’s ein schönes Making Of-Video:

About The Video

„It’s LIVE! Although we’ve dreamed it in the past, this special video release about the making of One Lost Day wasn’t our idea… it took a very special film maker to bring this project to fruition! She was our fly on the wall, our friend with a camera and our attitude adjuster just by her sheer presence. This is an honest view into our process and our musical evolution as we worked with producer Jordan Hamlin- rehearsing, arranging, singing, playing, and recording the new music- the digital 1’s and 0’s of our life were going down for better or worse. Sometimes awkward and embarrassing in its revelations, we decided to let this film roll and show our days as they really existed in all their goofiness, grumpiness, ecstasy, stubbornness, musicality and creativity!

We have endless gratitude to Kathlyn Horan from Tin Fish Films for showing up every day and making this happen. Not only does this film tell a story that brings our new songs to life for the listener, but personally, it helps Emily and me to remember and celebrate a thoroughly intense and satisfying moment in our career.“

Amy Ray

Vimeo: http://bit.ly/onelostday_vimeo

--

#5636775  | PERMALINK

dr-music

AnnaMax… Leider wurde ‚Poseidon‘ vom Rolling Stone sträflich ignoriert, obwohl mit ‚Sugar Tongue‘ einer der schönsten Indigo Girls-Songs aller Zeiten drauf ist. Ich hoffe mal, diese Ignoranz hält nicht an.

Vielleicht weil Du der letzte Fan bist!??;-)

--

Jetzt schon 62 Jahre Rock 'n' Roll
    #5636777  | PERMALINK

annamax

dr.musicVielleicht weil Du der letzte Fan bist!??;-)

Das wäre aber sehr schade!
    Nimm mir doch nicht die Hoffnung, dass Emily und Amy irgendwann mal wieder in Deutschland spielen werden.

--

#11121493  | PERMALINK

beatgenroll

annamax

Das wäre aber sehr schade! Nimm mir doch nicht die Hoffnung, dass Emily und Amy irgendwann mal wieder in Deutschland spielen werden.

Nun, ich hoffe dann mal, dass Du auch bei ihrem neuen Album „Look long“ wieder dabei bist.

--

Jokerman. Jetzt schon 70 Jahre Rock 'n' Roll
    #11127193  | PERMALINK

annamax

beatgenroll

annamax

Das wäre aber sehr schade! Nimm mir doch nicht die Hoffnung, dass Emily und Amy irgendwann mal wieder in Deutschland spielen werden.

Nun, ich hoffe dann mal, dass Du auch bei ihrem neuen Album „Look long“ wieder dabei bist.

Ich bin noch nicht wild entschlossen. Mal schauen … :scratch:

Gibst du eine Empfehlung ab?

--

#11127207  | PERMALINK

beatgenroll

Ich habe die Neue erst zweimal gehört. Ja, beim zweiten Mal sagte sie mir schon mehr zu. Der Cloudy ist ganz angetan und jubelt.

--

#11146047  | PERMALINK

beatgenroll

sokrates    Indigo Girls (1989) ***

Sie hätte heute diesen Stand nicht mehr!??

--

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 22)

Schlagwörter: 

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.