Re: 01.02.2015

#9489037  | PERMALINK

hat-and-beard
dial 45-41-000

Hier passt es wohl am besten. Schlechte Nachrichten von Lanie Lane:

Lanie LaneHello friends and family,

I need to let all of you know that I’ve made a big decision. I have decided that pursuing a full-time music career is no longer for me.

The uprooted-ness of the rock n roll lifestyle just isn’t beneficial for me anymore (on many levels). The ambition (which I believe is a pre-requisite to success in the music industry) of cultivating fame or attention has completely left me now as well. At times, I have found the constant pressure that a touring & recording artist requires to be accustomed to, unbearable. I utterly respect those who can withstand the pressures of a life constantly on the road, the rigours of the behind the scenes work and the expectations for continued ‘success’. I personally found myself not liking who I was becoming under stress and difficult circumstances. It felt like a lot of the time I was either depressed or anxious, so I’ve begun to change the circumstances of my life to be back in the flow again.

My love of creating, writing & playing music is definitely not in question here. These aspects are the true joy of music for me. I will always sing when the time is right, but never in a way that puts any strain on my mind/body/spirit or creative flow. I know that I am a MUCH happier and peaceful person when I live simply.

I’m very much looking forward to playing the shows which remain in the calendar and I hope to perform in the future the occasional festival or intimate house/garden concerts for you. I do not plan on any further heavy touring so I encourage you all to come to these last shows.

I thank from the bottom of my heart Winterman & Goldstein Management, Ivy League Records, The Harbour Agency, and Mushroom Group. You’re all incredibly hard working people and I salute your dedication to promoting Australian music!

I have deep deep gratitude for all of you out there who ever bought a record, a t-shirt or came to a show. It is because of your ongoing support that I’ve been able to do something that most musicians only dream of. Thank you so sooo much!!

Quelle: http://lanielane.net/2015/02/03/a-goodbye/

Sehr schade.

--

God told me to do it.