Re: 07.04.2011: "My Life Vol. 4" & "Raw Air Vol. 44" & "Nachtrock Vol. 12"

Startseite Foren Das Radio-Forum StoneFM 07.04.2011: "My Life Vol. 4" & "Raw Air Vol. 44" & "Nachtrock Vol. 12" Re: 07.04.2011: "My Life Vol. 4" & "Raw Air Vol. 44" & "Nachtrock Vol. 12"

#7964227  | PERMALINK

august-ramone
Ich habe fertig!

CBGB was the home of one of the greatest explosions of musical creativity in rock history. Hilly Kristal opened his club in late 1973 in a run-down Bowery bar and oversaw the rise of Punk, as bands such as the Ramones, Blondie, the Patti Smith Group and B52s rewrote the book. This double CD traces the history of the movement from early forefathers – Velvet Underground, New York Dolls, Iggy Pop – to the incendiary nights when the likes of the Dictators and the Dead Boys tore the roof the joint. The acts that played CBGB ranged right across the board, from no-nonsense rock-machines such as the Dictators to the ultra-leftfield No Wave guerrillas, from the art-rock of Pere Ubu to the joyous pastiche-pop of the Mumps. Here we feature some of most exciting, original and/or influential. The club may have been situated beneath a flophouse in a dodgy area of town, and clientele regularly had to climb over booze-soaked tramps, but as Hilly says: «CBGB, to many, became a place where they could express their frustrations, desires, anxieties and maybe even dreams.»

--

http://www.radiostonefm.de/ Wenn es um Menschenleben geht, ist es zweitrangig, dass der Dax einbricht und das Bruttoinlandsprodukt schrumpft.