Re: In The Pipeline – Coming Soon – Forthcoming Goodies

#7215905  | PERMALINK

macclaus

SHERYL CROW’S TUESDAY NIGHT MUSIC CLUB – DELUXE EDITION

ADDS CD OF PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED TRACKS AND OTHER RARITIES

PLUS DVD OF CLASSIC VIDEOS AND A NEW TOUR DOCUMENTARY

TO ONE OF ROCK’S MOST POPULAR ALBUMS

The spectacular debut album that launched Sheryl Crow into rock music consciousness has been expanded both musically and visually for the 2CD/1DVD Tuesday Night Music Club – Deluxe Edition (A&M/UMe), released November 17, 2009. Along with the original 1993 album, the package adds a second CD containing B-sides, rarities and out-takes, as well as a bonus DVD featuring the album’s videos (“Leaving Las Vegas,” “All I Wanna Do,” “Strong Enough,” “Can’t Cry Anymore,” “Run, Baby, Run” and “What I Can Do For You,” plus a rare alternate version of “All I Wanna Do” directed by Roman Coppola) and a newly produced documentary comprised of on-the-road, backstage, soundcheck and live footage from the original album tour.

Highlighting the bonus CD for Tuesday Night Music Club – Deluxe Edition are four previously unreleased recordings from 1995 that were intended for the follow-up album–“Coffee Shop,” “Killer Life,” “Essential Trip Of Hereness” and “You Want More”

–each only now mixed by original Tuesday Night Music Club producer Bill Bottrell. In addition, Bottrell remixed the album’s “I Shall Believe” specifically for this Deluxe Edition. The bonus CD also includes a trio of U.K. single B-sides (“Reach Around Jerk,” an alternate “The Na-Na Song” titled “Volvo Cowgirl 99” and a cover of Eric Carmen’s “All By Myself”), a tribute album cover of Led Zeppelin’s “D’yer Mak’er,” and “On The Outside,” a contribution to an X-Files soundtrack album.

Tuesday Night Music Club has proved to be a landmark achievement even beyond propelling Crow’s own formidable career by inspiring and influencing countless female singer-songwriters, perhaps even saving that genre from extinction in the grungy days of the early ‘90s. Certified seven times platinum and charting at #3, the album spawned five Grammy® nominations and three wins: Best New Artist and a pair for “All I Wanna Do,” including Record of the Year. Three songs reached the Pop Top 40–the gold “All I Wanna Do” (#2), “Strong Enough” (#5) and “Can’t Cry Anymore.” “Leaving Las Vegas” cracked the Modern Rock Top 10.

“Somehow amidst the dance divas of MTV and the dark angst of Seattle grunge,” writes her manager, Scooter Weintraub, in the liner notes, “Sheryl’s salty voice, twangy Telecaster, frayed Levis, red curls and bent upper lip scratched their way into the musical culture.” In 1999, she was ranked among VH1’s “100 Greatest Women of Rock & Roll.”

Since Tuesday Night Music Club, Crow has released five studio albums (each charting Top 10, four of them platinum-plus), a triple-platinum greatest hits collection, and more. She has also been nominated for 27 more Grammys, winning six more. Her most recent nomination was for her most recent album, 2008’s Detours, which reunited her with producer Bottrell and returned her to the spirit of Tuesday Night Music Club.

SHERYL CROW

TUESDAY NIGHT MUSIC CLUB DELUXE EDITION

TRACK LISTING

DISC ONE

1 RUN, BABY, RUN

2 LEAVING LAS VEGAS

3 STRONG ENOUGH

4 CAN’T CRY ANYMORE

5 SOLIDIFY

6 THE NA-NA SONG

7 NO ONE SAID IT WOULD BE EASY

8 WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU

9 ALL I WANNA DO

10 WE DO WHAT WE CAN

11 I SHALL BELIEVE

DISC TWO: B-sides, Rarities and Out-takes

1 COFFEE SHOP

2 KILLER LIFE

3 ESSENTIAL TRIP OF HERENESS

4 REACH AROUND JERK

5 VOLVO COWGIRL 99

6 YOU WANT MORE

7 ALL BY MYSELF

8 ON THE OUTSIDE

9 D’YER MAK’ER

10 I SHALL BELIEVE (2009 REMIX)

DISC THREE: Bonus DVD

1 VALUABLE STUFF:

A documentary featuring on-the-road, backstage, sound check and live footage recorded during the Tuesday Night Music Club tour, 1993 -1995.

THE VIDEOS:

2 LEAVING LAS VEGAS

3 ALL I WANNA DO

4 STRONG ENOUGH

5 CAN’T CRY ANYMORE

6 RUN, BABY, RUN

7 WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU

BONUS:

8 ALL I WANNA DO (Alternate Version)

--