Re: Blue Note Reissues von Analogue Productions & Music Matters, etc.

Startseite Foren Die Tonträger: Aktuell und Antiquariat Das Vinyl-Forum Reissues Blue Note Reissues von Analogue Productions & Music Matters, etc. Re: Blue Note Reissues von Analogue Productions & Music Matters, etc.

#5879959  | PERMALINK

atom

Steve Hoffman über seine Arbeit für die RIs von „Somethin‘ Else“ und „Blue Train“:

Steve Hoffman
Lucky Tom Moynihan, co-owner of Tenor Audio of Montreal (makers of the world’s most beautiful and most darned expensive tube amplifiers) just happened to pay Kevin Gray and I a visit today at RTI/AcousTech Mastering and got to witness the cutting of two of the most famous albums in Jazz history. His jaw dropped when we asked him to carry the master tape reels to the studio from the RTI vault, heh. Wish I took a photo of his reaction.

The Cannonball Adderley/Miles Davis SOMETHIN‘ ELSE masters sounded wonderful but nothing prepared me for the thrill of listening to the masters of John Coltrane’s BLUE TRAIN. The depth and presence of the masters are astounding. I have not heard that amazing sound captured on any LP or CD release of this famous album. Hopefully we did our job and you will hear it on our 45 RPM stereo version cut for Analogue Productions/Acoustic Sounds. We carefully compared the original first pressing mono RVG cut LP of this title and made sure that the midrange magic „breath of life“ was reproduced on our version but with full dynamic and tonal range. Uncanny realistic sounding recording. We did a test cut of the first track and played the lacquer back, sync’d up to the actual master tape as mastered by us. Bingo, sounded damn identical. Yummy sound! Resurrecting the dead. In stereo!

Last week we cut Kenny Burrell’s MIDNIGHT BLUE and Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers MOANIN‘ in stereo on 45. Same chills!

When these are released in a few months I think you’re going to love ‚em.

Quelle

--

Hey man, why don't we make a tune... just playin' the melody, not play the solos...