Re: The Felice Brothers

#5777919  | PERMALINK

klienicum

nail75Hast Du da schon mal bestellt, klienicum?

ja. habe etwas risikofreudig knete in einen umschlag gesteckt. bekam postwendend die bestellte scheibe.

nail75Kannst Du mir außerdem mal einen Überblick darüber verschaffen, welche Veröffentlichungen existieren und welche lohnen und welche nicht. Ich muss gestehen, dass ich etwas irritiert bin, dass ich nirgendwo ein Tracklisting oder wenigstens eine genauere Beschreibung der einzelnen Alben finde.

Through These Reins And Gone, 2006

1 Trailer Song
2 Ballad of Lou the Welterweight
3 Hey Hey Revolver
4 Your Belly in My Arms
5 Got What I Need
6 Soldiers Song
7 Valentines Song
8 Roll On Arte
9 Christmas Song
10 Mercy
11 Song to Die To
12 Going Going Gone

notes
Simone, Ian and James Felice are the oldest boys of seven children born along the Hudson River of Olde New York. Unschooled illegal street/subway musicians from the start, their distinct brand of songwriting and the lawless sound they’ve forged together has drawn them hard-earned comparisons to Woodie Guthrie, Neil Young, Walt Whitman, Bob Dylan and James Brown, and for some ungodly reason they now find their songs played on a growing list of FM radio dials nationwide. Their debut album, Through These Reins and Gone, was released independently in August 2006 and has recieved critical acclaim for it’s haunting honesty and beautifuly raw feel. Iantown, the last accoustic album ever to be recorded at the legendary/closed-forever Bearsville Studios on the night of January 21 2006, will be available this fall. The Felice Brothers have adopted a runaway dice-thrower called Christmas and now they all live, tour, sing, write and gamble together in a 1987 special education bus which they slave like a team of dark horses through the hungry night and dawn down all this ribbon of highway… „This is real Americana.“ –Sean E./ESE Entertainment…. „The best new music I’ve heard all year.“ –Jimmy Buff/Radio Woodstock….. „I love those boys.“ –Grace Potter and the Nocturnals……. „No one is doing what Felice is doing.“ –BBC Radio/London…… „It’s Dustbowl, Guthrie, James Brown.these guys are going to the moon.“ –Gerald Celente/Trends Journal….. „These are truly great songs, felt like i might get shot in a desert listening to them, which can only ever be good“.

Thom Gold/United Kingdom

Iantown, 2006

1 you’re all around
2 devil as a child
3 the long road ahead
4 in the arms of buffalo bill
5 her eyes dart round
6 rosie i’m wrong
7 steal a memory
8 trouble been hard
9 roll on arte
10 in my life

Tonight at the Arizona, 2007

1 Roll on Arte 3:44
2 Ballad of Lou the Welterweight 5:00
3 Hey Hey Revolved 3:34
4 Your Belly in My Arms 3:16
5 Lady Day 4:36
6 T for Texas 3:06
7 Rockefeller Druglaw Blues 5:14
8 Mercy 5:00
9 Christmas Song 2:11
10 Going Going Gone 2:39
11 Take This Hammer 3:08

Adventures Of The Felice Brothers Vol. I, 2007

1 Frankie’s Gun
2 Trouble Been Hard
3 Ruby Mae
4 Radio Song
5 Helen Fry (She’s A Master Of Disguise)
6 Walk a While
7 Whiskey In My Whiskey
8 Doris Day
9 Oxycontin
10 Where’d You Get the Liquor
11 The Devil Is Real
12 Glory Glory
13 San Antonio Burning

The Felice Brothers, 2008

1. Little Ann
2. Greatest Show On Earth
3. Frankie’s Gun! *
4. Goddamn You, Jim
5. Wonderful Life
6. Don’t Wake The Scarecrow
7. Take This Bread
8. Saint Stephen’s End
9. Love Me Tenderly
10. Ruby Mae *
11. Murder By Mistletoe
12. Whiskey In My Whiskey *
13. Helen Fry *
14. Radio Song *
15. Tip Your Way
* from „The Adventures of the Felice Brothers Vol 1“

addierte man die neue version von „tonight at the arizona“ mit den unveröffentlichten bonustracks:
– Got What I Need
– Nowhere New York
– The Country Is Gone,
käme man auf sechs veröffentlichungen.
von den mir bisher bekannten vier bewerte ich keine schlechter als ***1/2, wobei mir sowohl die akustische (iantown) als auch die raubeinige variante sehr zusagt.