Re: James Yorkston

#5553777  | PERMALINK

sweetheart
trouble loves me

Ein neues Yorkston-Album im Sommer:

James YorkstonHello.

In March we’ll be packing up our concertinas and shipping off to colder, wetter climbs to record the new record – the follow up to Year Of The Leopard. All the usual suspects will be on board, plus a few special guests – people we’ve played with or have shared a stage with in the last few years. We’re all pretty excited about it. So far it’s mostly original JY songs, but there’s at least one cover in the outing, plus a trad tune hiding in the wings.We’re not sure what we’ll use. Suck it and see. Really happy with the songs though, which is always a good place to start. Domino are allowing me to produce this album myself – the first one since Moving Up Country – which makes me very happy. Can’t really talk about titles yet, as the album will probably be named after one of the songs and it’d be the kiss of death to start talking about that now. For sure it’d mean we’d muck that song up.

So, that’s that. Wish us luck. If the ghosts leave us alone we’ll have a nice new shiny album ready for the summer.

--

My favourite 45s and LPs of all time.