Re: Wilco – Sky Blue Sky

#5540021  | PERMALINK

go1
Gang of One

Zur Ergänzung noch die Meldung von HARP:

Fred Mills am 20.01.2007
Wilco has been ensconced in its Chicago studio The Loft polishing off its next studio album, slated for a May 15th release on Nonesuch. To be titled Sky Blue Sky, it’s the follow-up to 2004’s Grammy-winning A Ghost is Born—in between came 2005’s concert set Kicking Television—and the first collection of Wilco material that finds all the members of the touring band in the recording studio together. Sky Blue Sky is self-produced by Wilco and mixed by longtime associate Jim O’Rourke.

At presstime there are reportedly over 18 songs on deck from which the band will make a final track selection, among them „Shake It Off,“ „Side with the Seeds,“ „Glad It’s Over,“ „Either Way“ and „Walken.“ Last year the band had been performing a number of new songs in concert as well, some of which may surface on the record. They include “Let’s Not Get Carried Away,” “What Light,” “Impossible Germany,” “On and On and On,” “Lullaby For Rafter and Beams,” “Patient With Me,” “Let’s Fight,” “Is That the Thanks I Get?” and “Maybe the Sun Will Shine.”

Back in December Wilco founder Jeff Tweedy was enthusiastic about the project, telling HARP, “Hands down, this has been the easiest Wilco record to make, so naturally I’m in love with it. From the very first session when we sat down to work on the material, everybody has been pointed in the same direction… and that made the whole experience a lot of fun,”

Wilco remains: Jeff Tweedy (guitars, vocals), John Stirratt (bass, vocals), Glenn Kotche (drums), Mike Jorgensen (keyboards), Nels Cline (guitars) and Pat Sansone (guitars, keyboards, vocals).

--

To Hell with Poverty