Charlie Louvin – s/t (2007)

Startseite Foren Die Tonträger: Aktuell und Antiquariat Aktuelle Platten Charlie Louvin – s/t (2007)

Ansicht von 4 Beiträgen - 1 bis 4 (von insgesamt 4)
  • Autor

dock

On February 20th, 2007, country music giant Charlie Louvin will release his first new studio album in over ten years on the New York-based Tompkins Square label.

The self-titled disc, produced by Mark Nevers (Lambchop, Calexico, Candi Staton) and Charlie Louvin, was recorded in Spring/Summer 2006 in Nashville. It features guest performances by Elvis Costello, Jeff Tweedy, Will Oldham, Tom T. Hall, George Jones, Bobby Bare Sr., Tift Merritt, Marty Stuart, David Kilgour, and members of Bright Eyes, Lambchop, Superchunk, Blanche and Clem Snide, among others.

The album features several Louvin Brothers classics as well as country favorites first popularized by Jimmie Rodgers, the Delmore Brothers, the Carter Family, and the Monroe Brothers. Charlie also has included a moving tribute to his late brother Ira, with whom he formed the Louvin Brothers in 1940. (Ira Louvin died in a car accident in 1965, at age 41.)

Charlie Louvin’s influence on country, alt-country, and their many sub-genres, is incalculable. The unique harmonies and lyrical folk poetry of the Louvin Brothers („among the top duos in country music history“ AllMusic.com) have inspired countless covers of their songs by such artists as Johnny Cash, Gram Parsons, the Byrds, Emmylou Harris, Uncle Tupelo and the Raconteurs (with Jack White).

„Must You Throw Dirt In My Face,“ a new version of the Louvin Brothers‘ 1962 hit featuring Charlie with George Jones, is the first track to be released from Charlie Louvin and is available now through all online digital music stores. In support of his new album, Charlie Louvin and his band will tour the US extensively in 2007, including special summer appearances celebrating the artist’s 80th birthday (July 7, 2007).

TRACK LISTING:

1. Must You Throw Dirt In My Face (w. George Jones)
    2. Great Atomic Power (w. Jeff Tweedy)
    3. Blues Stay Away From Me (w. Bobby Bare Sr. & Tom T. Hall)
    4. The Christian Life (w. Eef Barzalay of Clem Snide)
    5. When I Stop Dreaming (w. Elvis Costello)
    6. Waiting For A Train (w. George Jones)
    7. Kneeling Drunkard’s Plea (w. Alex McManus of Bright Eyes)
    8. Worried Man Blues (w. Kurt Wagner of Lambchop)
    9. Grave On The Green Hillside (w. Tift Merritt & Joy Lynn White)
    10. Knoxville Girl (w. Will Oldham)
    11. Ira
    12. My Long Journey Home (w. Paul Burch)

--

Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
    Werbung
    #5587977  | PERMALINK

sonic-juice

Hier gibt es die Pitchfork-Ankündigung.

Und hier die Album-Kritik von Pitchfork.

--

I like to move it, move it Ya like to (move it)
    #5587979  | PERMALINK

Anonym
    Inaktiv

#5587981  | PERMALINK

wa
    The Horst of all Horsts

Ein sehr entspanntes, luftig produziertes und angenehm kurzes Album. Die wechselnden „Gaststars“ sind soweit integriert, daß der Fluß der Platte nicht gestört wird. Die Songs kennt man natürlich zum überwiegenden Teil, was natürlich die Frage aufwirft, ob man dieses Album überhaupt braucht. Natürlich, denn es ist ein Vergnügen, es zu hören.

--

What's a sweetheart like me doing in a dump like this?
Ansicht von 4 Beiträgen - 1 bis 4 (von insgesamt 4)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.