Re: Babyshambles

#3916277  | PERMALINK

clau
Coffee Bar Cat

I pass on the words of Sir Adam of Ficek – the ever reliable voice of reason and logic, in the wake of what is usually rumour and chaos:

Babyshambles recording in turnmills studio mid June.

„demoing new material for special ‚Ep‘ release. Ignore rubbish about being dropped, contract was over, currently in negotiations with companies.

The Blinding
Beg Steal and Borrow
French Dog Blues.com
Stone me……….
I wish
Love you but you’re green
Sedative
Palace of Bone.
Fixing up to go.

to name but a few.“

I feel kind of sad about Pete parting company with Rough Trade – in my opinion, Pete „belongs“ at Rough Trade somehow, it feels like his natural home.

Carl and Anthony are on the cover of the July issue of Guitar & Bass magazine.

And here’s something else I’ve read today, since posting the above. The Turnmills studio time is being donated by the organisers of Get Loaded in the Park (where Baby Shambles headline on 27th August). And contrary to previous reports, the band have been offered a deal for the second album by Rough Trade, as well as a number of other undisclosed labels. The band released this statement earlier today:

„We feel it’s now time to focus on the music, rather than the negative media attention we’ve recently experienced. The music has gone in a different direction than people might expect, and reflects the challenging times since Down In Albion; it’s both reflective and optimistic.“

Quelle: Libertines Fansite „Spirit Of Albion“

--

How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?