Re: Pink Floyd

#391171  | PERMALINK

Anonym
Inaktiv

Durch Zufall ist meine ausgediente CD „The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn“ zu einem Mr. Humfress (Retired film director/producer, television ex BBC staffer 20 years, mostly arts dept.) nach Australien gelangt, ein Zeitzeuge, Sympath und Musikliebhaber. Der Mann hat mir geschrieben, und es berührt mich. Er gab mir sein ok, diese Zeilen hier zu veröffentlichen:

I listened to the Floyd before going to bed last night and because it had such an enormous effect, again this morning. It brought back a whole long lost era and a tear to the eye to remember how much the Floyd was Sid in those days. In the opening one can hear the beginnings of Dark Side and Lucifer is pure Sid. I remember him leaping around the tiny stage in the semi darkness of UFO the walls projected with oil slides changing shapes, sometimes with his back to the audience, or simply lying on the floor watching the changing shapes.. Track 7, which my partner describes as music madness, not to his taste I’m afraid, reminds that much of what they played at the time was improvisation, and particularly of the day before my birthday in 1966, when I strung together all the footage that we had at the BBC of that Friday’s Aberfan disaster and projected it silent at UFO with the Floyd improvising, an unforgettably moving event. It also reminded me of experimenting with LSD and the sometime surprising results of doing so. Fortunately for me the first time was in controlled conditions with the psychiatrist Laing whom I was working with, making a film about Schizophrenia and the treatment of it at Villa 21. I discovered my tolerance was pretty low, couldn’t say the same for Sid who I think suffered from Schizophrenia. Anyway I’m really glad that I now have it in my collection, thanks to you.

--